Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: What Events Stopped You in Your Tracks!

Default Re: What Events Stopped You in Your Tracks!

Quote Originally Posted by 80sChav View Post
    Another one just after and into the early noughties was when that Man who was driving his Car feel-asleep in it on the M62 and his Car fell promptly from the Bridge and derailed a Train on the line below.Though not many people may recall this - unless you was Northern at the time, as at the time it made masive news as I am sure it did all round, but more so as at that time iut was like 30/45 from where I lived then - if that

80sChav
    I remember it happening, especially as I was between jobs at the time & able to watch a lot of daytime TV.

There were a lot of questions raised about how how well protected railways were from cars crashing onto them.
    The Trickster On The Roof

In order of impact I would say:

1) 9/11
    2) Death of Princess Diana
    3) Falklands war
    4) Margaret Thatcher resignation

The death of Diana was clearly a great personal tragedy and the Falklands war and Thatcher resignation were both pivotal moments for the country. I think 9/11 is the stand-out event though - massive human loss and suffering and an impact on world affairs that is still being felt almost 20 years on.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard1978 View Post

Another one just after and into the early noughties was when that Man who was driving his Car feel-asleep in it on the M62 and his Car fell promptly from the Bridge and derailed a Train on the line below.Though not many people may recall this - unless you was Northern at the time, as at the time it made masive news as I am sure it did all round, but more so as at that time iut was like 30/45 from where I lived then - if that

80sChav

I remember it happening, especially as I was between jobs at the time & able to watch a lot of daytime TV.

There were a lot of questions raised about how how well protected railways were from cars crashing onto them.
    I certainly do remember it happening! Terrible!
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!