Your Secret Song Shame!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Secret Song Shame!!

Those songs you shouldn't like but....You do!!

Lucky Stars by Dean Friedman
    Afternoon Delight by Starland Vocal Band (One of the most erotic songs ever written)
    Clouds Across the Moon by The Rah Band
    Crazy Horses by The Osmonds
    I go back to the original Jethro Tull - Yes! The seed drill inventor!

Re: Your Secret Song Shame!!

I really love Clouds Accross The Moon by The Rah Band! I have it on 12".

My guilty pleasures have to be:

Substitute by Clout (a fantastic track imo.)
    Wanted by The Dooleys (camp as christmas but great!)
    Land of Make Belive by Bucks Fizz (don't like the 'band' but love this track)
    Don't Love Me Too Hard by The Nolans (again never liked them but love this track).
    Breakaway by Tracey Ullman (just a great track that takes me back!)

There have been some great songs over the 70's and 80's. Music just aint the same in my opinion!
    Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

I forgot:

Give Me Back My Heart by Dollar
      (A great production by Trevor Horn - A good example of OTT 80's music)
      I go back to the original Jethro Tull - Yes! The seed drill inventor!

Comment

Dolce Vita by Ryan Paris - OMG I just love this song soooo much!

Probably one of the most embarrassing tracks on my iPod is from the 1993 Eurovision Song Contest! It was from the Croatian group Put and the song was called Don't Ever Cry. I'd never forgotten it in all these years and I found it on iTunes recently. The good thing about it is that I can sing along, and even have my windows open in the car and I'm sure nobody would have a clue what I was singing

Comment

There's no-one quite like Grandma - St Winifred's School Choir.

Save your love - Rene and Ronato.

Love both of these.
          Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

Anything by the Bay City Rollers puts me in a good mood - and while I hated Adam & the Ants at school ( all the cool/hard kids liked them ) their stuff has grown on me.

Comment

Smalltown Boy - Bronski Beat
              Temptation - Heaven 17
              Obsession - Animotion
              Quick... Run... Hide... Here comes Dave Stewart, walking up the drive, with that look in his eye!

Comment

Every track on the Katie Price and Peter Andre album.

In fact it's one of my favourite albums!!!

I can often be heard howling along to it in the kitchen....
                "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by glam_racket View Post
                  Smalltown Boy - Bronski Beat
                  Temptation - Heaven 17
                  Obsession - Animotion

I absolutely love Obsession /Animotion!

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinthe80's View Post
                    I really love Clouds Accross The Moon by The Rah Band! I have it on 12".

My guilty pleasures have to be:

Substitute by Clout (a fantastic track imo.)

Land of Make Belive by Bucks Fizz

GREAT choices..spooky too:

I have Clouds Across the Moon on 12" too!!! .... another song (like 'Frankie', Sister Sledge, and 'Theme from Beverley Hills Cop ' Axel F) that reminds me of Butlins 85..fab summer!)

In my youtube playlists I also have Clout - Substitute, AND Bucks Fizz LOMB (great song; only song of theirs I liked)

ps to kiop..sad news for you..Renato died only a couple of weeks ago

pps to chrisredditch...I have most of Dollar's stuff in my youtube playlists...they remind me so much of my first girlfriends at comp early 80's
                    sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Originally posted by rossobantam View Post
                      ps to kiop..sad news for you..Renato died only a couple of weeks ago
                      Oh my word! You could hav broken that to us a bit more gently!!
                      What did he die of then? Poor Renee!!! :cry:
                      "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
                      sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=rossobantam;123230]GREAT choices..spooky too:

I have Clouds Across the Moon on 12" too!!! .... another song (like 'Frankie', Sister Sledge, and 'Theme from Beverley Hills Cop ' Axel F) that reminds me of Butlins 85..fab summer!)

In my youtube playlists I also have Clout - Substitute, AND Bucks Fizz LOMB (great song; only song of theirs I liked)

Spooky!!! I have Frankie by Sister Sledge on 12" too! Nothing to be proud of you may think but it reminds me of when I was young!
                        Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

I have many many many guilty pleasures, but all this talk of 12" records from 1985 reminds of spending a summer listening to an album of 12" remixes that included Stephen 'Tintin' Duffy's Kiss Me. I loved that song.

Crazier than that, though, I bought the Spear Of Destiny album Outland based entirely on loving the song Never Take Me Alive. It was a worthy bet, even if it was kind of weird and science-fiction-y. There were quite a few good tracks on that album...
                          Official archivist: , July 24 2010 Guardian Technology.

Comment

Originally posted by ridski View Post
                            I have many many many guilty pleasures, but all this talk of 12" records from 1985 reminds of spending a summer listening to an album of 12" remixes that included Stephen 'Tintin' Duffy's Kiss Me. I loved that song.

Crazier than that, though, I bought the Spear Of Destiny album Outland based entirely on loving the song Never Take Me Alive. It was a worthy bet, even if it was kind of weird and science-fiction-y. There were quite a few good tracks on that album...
                            Now I know why I was thinking about Kiss Me...

The 12" remix album was Now Dance. Here's the track list...

A1 Philip Bailey & Phil Collins Easy Lover (Extended Re-mix) Producer - Phil Collins
                            Remix - John Potoker A2 Power Station, The Some Like It Hot Engineer, Mixed By - Jason Corsaro
                            Producer - Bernard Edwards A3 Eurythmics Would I Lie To You? Engineer - Adam Williams
                            Mixed By - Eric Thorngreen*
                            Producer - David A. Stewart A4 Stephen Tin Tin Duffy* Kiss Me Producer - J.J. Jeczalik , Nick Froome* A5 Belouis Some Imagination (Dance Mix) Producer - Steve Thompson & Michael Barbiero B1 Loose Ends Hangin' On A String (Contemplating) (Extended Dance Mix) Producer - Nick Martinelli B2 RAH Band Clouds Across The Moon Producer, Programmed By - Richard Hewson B3 Ashford & Simpson Solid (Special Club Mix) Producer - Nickolas Ashford & Valerie Simpson* B4 Cool Notes, The Spend The Night (Re-mix) Producer - Cool Notes, The
                            Remix - John Burns (2) B5 Jermaine Jackson Do What You Do (Re-mix) Producer - Jermaine Jackson , Dick Rudolph* C1 DeBarge Rhythm Of The Night Producer - Richard Perry C2 Curtis Hairston I Want Your Lovin' (Just A Little Bit) Mixed By - Boyd Jarvis , Timmy Regisford
                            Producer - Earl Monroe , Greg Radford C3 T.C. Curtis You Should Have Known Better Mixed By - Laurie Jago
                            Producer - William Alexander Smith C4 War Groovin' Producer - Lonnie Jordan C5 Phyllis Nelson Move Closer (New Mix) Mixed By - Jon Gass
                            Producer - Yves Dessca D1 Eddy & The Soulband Theme From Shaft (Hot Pursuit Mix) Producer - Albert Boekholt , Jacques Zwart D2 Little Benny & The Masters Who Comes To Boogie Producer - Shine* D3 Chuck Brown & The Soul Searchers Bustin' Loose Producer - James Purdie D4 Aurra Like I Like It Producer - Eban Kelly , Jimi Randolph D5 Lillo Thomas Settle Down (Extended Re-mix) Engineer [Remix] - Chris Lord-Alge
                            Producer - Paul Laurence , Steve Jones (10)
                            Remix - Billy Carroll , Zack Vaz
                            My Google-fu is strong today!
                            Official archivist: , July 24 2010 Guardian Technology.

Comment

I confess to liking many of the already mentioned ones plus....
                              http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQdZsdKbDYc
                              http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkGS263lGsQ
                              http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDT1sx1yePM
                              "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Working...
                              X