Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Things that dont happen anymore

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
    New Brighton sounds familiar, i spent many happy weekends there as a child, i'm across the Mersey in Liverpool
    This is a typical Moreton Wirral Family in the 50s enjoying the summer days on Moreton Shore, Wirral. It was not until the 60s, of which I were a part, that 'dress' became truly casual. By the way, they are leaning on post WW2 tank traps. called Dragons Teeth.
    Attached Files

Comment

Cars with metal bumpers...
      Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
        Cars with metal bumpers...
        was thinking of those only the other day

Comment

Originally posted by Elbmek View Post
          was thinking of those only the other day
          There were some cars with metal bumpers painted black to look like plastic in the early 1980s when chrome was going out of fashion & many new cars started to have plastic bumpers.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Cars with aerials
            Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
              Cars with aerials
              I presume you mean the telescopic ones, sometimes they were motorised on upmarket cars.

Often they were snapped off & ended up being replaced by a coat hanger.

Comment

When August used to be a lovely sunny month,how many years now has it been a total washout

Decent roads to drive on,not anymore with all the pot holes to avoid

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                  I presume you mean the telescopic ones, sometimes they were motorised on upmarket cars.
                  My 82 Toyota Celica 2.0ST Liftback had an electric one, strangely it had its own switch to raise or lower it in the console instead of it just happening when the radio was on. It had an electric sunroof but manual window winders for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                    When August used to be a lovely sunny month,how many years now has it been a total washout

Decent roads to drive on,not anymore with all the pot holes to avoid
                    Seems to me these days that it's the pot 'eads that need avoiding!
                    The way some people drive, they must be on something surely?

Comment

Kids on bicycles that do not have splat lines up their back. Bikes had mud guards not all that long ago, for a very good reason I may add. However todays bike manufacturers seems to have forgotten what they were for and no longer add them to bicycles.

Men that would tilt their hats to people they knew.

people wearing proper winter clothes and not some stupid shorts and wellies.

People looking where they are going. Today it seems too many people live with their noses stuck in their mobile phones, heck these people probably don't even realise there is a real world beyond that tiny 2 inch screen.

Comment

Mountain bikes seemed to start the trend for bikes not having mudguards.

Comment

+Cigarette vending machines outside shops (Really!)

+Paraffin vending machines
                          sigpic
                          Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Do not forget the chocolate and chewing gum machines.

Comment

Things thar are built to last be it washing machines or whatever.
                              Things are made to
                              look good but not to last like twin tubs did.
                              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
                                Do not forget the chocolate and chewing gum machines.
                                And those vending machines that dispense 'Kinder Egg' style plastic eggs containing kiddies watches

I wonder if the watches actually worked, or were they just toys
                                sigpic
                                Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Working...
                                X