Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decimal point is small and round!

OK, here's one for you all.

WHen I was a kid at primary school, decimalisation of currency was being introduced. To help, there was a run of kids' programmes (kind of like info-mercials) which included a little song which went:

"Decimal point is small and round, decimal point is funny, decimal point is small and round, it helps to count your money."

Thing is, I've just told this to my wife and kids and they don't believe me!! I've also asked some friends and they don't recall it either.

So - does anyone else remember the decimal point song. And better yet - does anyone have any on-line links to it so that I can show my disbelieving family?!

thanks

John

Re: Decimal point is small and round!

Hi John
    I can remeber those short infomercials as they would be called today.
    There was one on each aspect of decimilisation. Each had an annoying little song that went with them.

There was one that went
    Decimalisation, Decimalise, Decimalisation wont change your life.

Cant remember the rest of the words and yes I also remember the one about the decimal point.
    Last edited by Keith; 29-08-2009, 11:01. Reason: Misspelling

Comment

The songs were performed by popular group "The Scaffold" and I remember the films really well.
      Doris Hare of "On the Buses" fame stared in one called "Granny Gets the Point" it was shown over and over again early in 1971.

Here's a film from YouTube
      YouTube - Decimal Coinage New System 1971 Public Info Film
      I go back to the original Jethro Tull - Yes! The seed drill inventor!

Comment

Firstly good to meet you Chaps just joined and only because I had to let you know (couldn't see a man doubted by his family!) that the programme you remember was Decimal Five. The little tune you recall actually went

"The decimal point is small and round the decimal point is funny, it seperates the pennies from the pounds when your counting in money"

Hope that triggers some recall for you!

Comment

Thanks for the updates. Knew I wasn't losing the plot!!

Does anyone have any links to the Decimal Point song? I've tried youtube with no joy but there be other sites out there that I'm not aware of.

thanks

John

Comment

Working...
          X