Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Channel 4 Hunters Show from the 90's - HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Channel 4 Hunters Show from the 90's - HELP!

This has been driving me insane (on & off) for about 5 years or so.

Back in the mid 90's (95-97 ish) channel 4 had this reality-esque game show type of programme on every Sunday night for about 8-12 weeks per series.

The basic plot was this:

It started off in a live studio where all the audience were willing participants - all couples. Three couples were then chosen at random and were each individually set a task for the following week (I remember one of the task was 'Carry out 1 watersport each day from a different location') and they were then sent out to the UK with very little money etc to carry out their tasks. Every time they succeeded in their daily task they would win £1,000. the twist was this though, each couple were being chased by a detective, bounty hunter type of dude. If he caught sight of the couple, they would automatically lose their daily winnings for that particular day.
    The programme climaxed each Sunday night where in a live show the couples would ring in from a telephone box and the hunters would have to locate them within the live show's broadcast. If a hunter found them, the couple would be eliminated and a new couple would be chosen from the studio audience. If, however the hunter failed to find the couple he was chasing, the couple would have the option of continuing their journey or bail out with their winnings.

I remember the details of this show too well for it to be figment of my imagination, surely!

Does anyone remeber the title of this show???

Please help!!!!

Re: Channel 4 Hunters Show from the 90's - HELP!

Wanted?

Wanted - UKGameshows

Comment

Yes!
      Thank you!

Comment

Think i missed that one.. But i did enjoy a Forerunner gameshow The Interceptor nothing like an eagle screeching yuppie in a leather trenchcoat to make you run.

hmm 80's goodness all over.

Comment

reality tv is not new, anymore than talent shows

Comment

I remember the Intercepter!

Comment

"I like it Mikey"
              "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

I was crazy about this programme! I thought Sean Okane was an absolute dish! I even went out and got a full length black leather trench coat (that I still own 21 years later!)

Reckon I would have left the prize money just to get caught by this guy! I even sent him some fan mail and he replied to me with a nice letter and 2 autographed photos! Wow!

Comment

Lol...I was going to start a thread about 'Interceptor' but did a search to see if its been mentioned here before, and lo and behold! I find it cringe worthy - as a kid I liked it, they've been repeating it on Challenge (Sky ch. 125) and it is TERRIBLE as well as terribly dated...Its really a show for Middle to Upper Class types, well, I say that based on the contestants and Annabelle Croft with her public school girl manner...Sean O Kane, he just looks like a wally now running around like that. I did catch one repeat recently where he was literally right behind the hunted contestant with his mouth wide open and screetching land when the guy saw him he nearly pooed himself...I mean, why???! Its like a fore runner to The Crystal Maze, another lets have posh types on as contestants...what made it even worse was that neither contestants nor Ms Croft would listen to what the other said on radio mic usually...ugh, oh the pain, the pain William....

Comment

Working...
                  X