Michele Dotrice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michele Dotrice

Whetever happened to the long suffering and charming wife of Frank Spencer in the wonderful BBC comedy show Some Mothers Do Ave Em ?

Michele Dotrice aka Betty was brilliant in one of my all time favourite tv shows but where is she now and does anyone have a recent picture of her that they can post ?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Re: Michele Dotrice

Seems to have kept herself busy

Michele Dotrice

Picture of here from Primetheatre where she is a patron

The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Her and Edward Woodward live in padstow,hav'nt seen them though.
      "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Great photo and good to see Michele looking so well.

I never watch any of the programmes she has appeared in over the last 20 years or so but nice to see she has been kept so busy with plenty of work in such well known tv shows.

Cheers guys.

Comment

Michelle Dotrice was a seriously good actress when she was younger.She out shone so many top actors when she appeared in: And Soon the Darkness and Blood on Satan's Claw.
          I do know,from years ago,that Michelle has a few sisters,from pictures i have seen of them all in a magazine.Her sisters are seriously beautiful.I am unsure,but i seem to recall one or two may have been in the entertainment industry in some way.
          I have just googled them.Her sisters are: Karen Dotrice and Yvette Dotrice.

Comment

Originally posted by moonvisage View Post
            Michelle Dotrice was a seriously good actress when she was younger.She out shone so many top actors when she appeared in: And Soon the Darkness and Blood on Satan's Claw.
            I do know,from years ago,that Michelle has a few sisters,from pictures i have seen of them all in a magazine.Her sisters are seriously beautiful.I am unsure,but i seem to recall one or two may have been in the entertainment industry in some way.

Karen Dotrice was in 'Mary Poppins'

Comment

Iremeber Michelle in the sitcom CHINTZ but apart from a brief reference in Michaels link there isn't much else about it online

t was a very subtle, gentle humour and it was up against the anrchy of the Young Ones at the time so probably why it never caught on

Comment

Originally posted by Fifi62 View Post
                Karen Dotrice was in 'Mary Poppins'
                And in Robert Powell's 39 Steps IIRC (this is without googling, just from the extensive knowledge database inside my bonce, though it sometimes malfunctions )

Comment

She was in at least one of the BBC Shakespeares. I think she played Hotspur's wife in Henry IV Part I.

Comment

Saw Michelle Dotrice live in the theatre recently - she was part of a seriously good cast - Maureen Lipman, Sam Kelly, Roy Hudd, Linda Baron, Simon Rouse...to play JB Priestley's "When We Are Married" in the West End. Fantastic stuff - she's lost none of the comic timing that made her famous, and she's still about and working.

Comment

Roy Hudd! He still around then? Used to love his enthusiasm for music hall stars - he did a tribute act to Flannegan & Allen with (I think) Bernie Winters.

Comment

Originally posted by moonvisage View Post

both those films are very good.
                        and soon the darkness its about two girls who go cycling through france.

she is looking well and great to see she has kept busy.
                        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

She has recently started having lunch the tea rooms I chef at. I would like to have gone out to say hello but thought it a bit cheeky,maybe one day.

Frame.
                          "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Yeah, I was surprised he was still working, but he stole a good few scenes as a drunken photographer. I remember the Flannegan and Allen tribute, yeah. Probably the first time I heard Underneath The Arches, I should imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by frame View Post
                              She has recently started having lunch the tea rooms I chef at. I would like to have gone out to say hello but thought it a bit cheeky,maybe one day.

Frame.
                              next time u bring something out to her or meet her in the gotel u work at have a quick chat.
                              and ask her about her trouble.

she seems real nice.
                              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                              X