School lunch boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: School lunch boxes

I remember the big chunky primary-coloured lunchboxes with TV and film or toy-related tie-in labels and matching 'Roughneck' flasks. I never had one, I had a tupperware box usually containing two sandwiches, a piece of fruit and a Harvest Crunch bar or something like that, and a red flask with a white lid, usually with orange squash or cola in it.
    "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Originally posted by Austin Maxi View Post
      I remember the big chunky primary-coloured lunchboxes with TV and film or toy-related tie-in labels and matching 'Roughneck' flasks. I never had one, I had a tupperware box usually containing two sandwiches, a piece of fruit and a Harvest Crunch bar or something like that, and a red flask with a white lid, usually with orange squash or cola in it.
      I remember Roughneck flasks, I had one with Kermit the Frog on, and used it to carry lemonade to school.
      I am 13 ... times 4.

Comment

Orange Kia-Ora in my Snoopy Roughneck
        1976 Vintage

Comment

I used to have hot soup in my 'He Man' flask. Was never that bothered about a sandwich, I'd rather have some soup! Always had a bag of Krunchi Puffs or Farmer Browns! If not I had Tomato Sauce flavour crisps. Usually I had a biscuit such as a United or a Trio too. I only took a packed lunch for a year I think. Then I went back to school meals.
          Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

This is a picture of me about to leave for my first day of school, in either 1988 or '89 lol and as you can see I have my Thomas The Tank Engine lunch box! I never remember being interested in Thomas the tank but I remember loving this lunch box sooo much lol

Comment

Great pic Amethyst!

My first lunch box was a light blue one with a picture of a little girl and boy on it - very 80's and it had a matching drinks bottle. Another was my red Snoopy lunch box - probably was my favourite one.

Comment

My favourite lunch box was a blue with Asterix on it .
                I was gutted when my brothers used the matching flask to launch a fireworks off in it :cry:
                Heather

Comment

Originally posted by AmethystWitch View Post
                  This is a picture of me about to leave for my first day of school, in either 1988 or '89 lol and as you can see I have my Thomas The Tank Engine lunch box! I never remember being interested in Thomas the tank but I remember loving this lunch box sooo much lol

I think I had that same lunchbox, but I used to cut out pictures from the backing cards of my Ghostbusters figures and stick them on.

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
                    My favourite lunch box was a blue with Asterix on it .
                    I was gutted when my brothers used the matching flask to launch a firework off in it :cry:
                    -----------------------------------------------------------
                    did you ever get the matching flask again heather.
                    an have you kept the luchbox and flask for nostalgic memories.
                    -----------------------------------------------------------
                    not that i remember i did have a thomas the tank engine lunch box.
                    --------------------------------------------------------
                    great pic amethyst you look so happy.
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Looking at those lunch boxes has reminded me that every Thursday my mam used to sticky tape a 2 pence piece to the top of my lunch box for 'school fund' so I wouldn't lose it. I have no idea what this was for but we all had to take 2p in each week. Probably for those Cadbury's creme eggs we got at Easter and the like.
                      1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                        Looking at those lunch boxes has reminded me that every Thursday my mam used to sticky tape a 2 pence piece to the top of my lunch box for 'school fund' so I wouldn't lose it. I have no idea what this was for but we all had to take 2p in each week. Probably for those Cadbury's creme eggs we got at Easter and the like.
                        imagine how rich u would be if u had saved them all tricky.
                        school fund do not remember that.

Comment

I had loads of them i had a bob the builder one 2 simpsons ones and a scooby doo one i still have my scooby doo one

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

yes just a clear lunch box for me.

If your using just a paper bag yes it keeps it fresh but one tear and its everywhere.
                            You know what schoolkids are like wanting to see what you have

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                              yes just a clear lunch box for me.

If your using just a paper bag yes it keeps it fresh but one tear and its everywhere.
                              You know what schoolkids are like wanting to see what you have
                              I think classmates in primary used to have grease proof bags for their sarnies

Comment

We had the occasional plastic box but nothing with any special designs on it...
                                Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Working...
                                X