Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Soap Characters 70-90s

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
    Correct, of course - I remember her working for Fairclough, Langton and Booth...

Me, too. That was a great time for the Street imo. Really strong characters that you cared about, and dramatic and humourous storylines.

Comment

Bill Podmore was a great producer - pity that we don't have producers like him anymore, and regulators like the IBA as well to make sure that the schedules are not overloaded.

At least we have ITV3 episodes at the moment - they are showing such a great Jack and Vera storyline - the gas fire and decorating episodes from late September and early October 1987. I am certain that number 9 has had the same living room wallpaper since the Faircloughs lived there in 1981, correct me if I am wrong?
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by Jingbang View Post
        Gail is one ugly creature she looks like ET after a stroke
        I always liked Trevor in Eastenders he was soo evil he was great.
        I always thought Gail/Helen Worth looked like a fish lol

As for Eastenders Nigel was funny; the guy the Mitchell brothers were friendly with
        sigpic
        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post

As for Eastenders Nigel was funny; the guy the Mitchell brothers were friendly with
          I remember my Mum saying that Nigel was about the only character she liked in Eastenders in the mid 1990s, & even then he seemed to be there to be a punchbag for the others.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I used to like Gail's friend Suzie Birchall when they lodged with Elsie Tanner/Howard. Seem to remember that Elsie managed a boutique and Suzie worked there as well. Gail might have been employed there for a while but my memory is a bit hazy on that. Suzie and Gail were supposed to go to London to live but only Suzie went in the end

Comment

The first soap character I can remember, from when I was quite young, was Sandy, the chap in the wheelchair in Crossroads.

Comment

Hartley Hare from Pipkins

Though only a scraggly old puppet, he is a character

He rather sounds like Kenneth Williams. Whether or not Hartley was gay, nobody knows

Hartley was camp before we were aware camp was not only a place to pitch your tent
                sigpic
                Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
                  Hartley Hare from Pipkins

Though only a scraggly old puppet, he is a character

He rather sounds like Kenneth Williams. Whether or not Hartley was gay, nobody knows

Hartley was camp before we were aware camp was not only a place to pitch your tent
                  Soap?
                  Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Oh sorry Zabadak not a soap
                    sigpic

Comment

Here's a soap though:

Angie Freeman (played by Deborah McAndrew) in Corrie; the art student girlfriend of Curly Watts (played by Kevin Kennedy)
                      Last edited by Twocky61; 11-06-2018, 14:53.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X