Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas

Who was a big fan of Dallas

Remember JR ,Sue Ellen his wife,Bobby his brother and his wife Pam who was Cliff Barnes sister.Miss Ellie ,Jock ,Lucy poison dwarf,
    Southfork Ranch,the Oil barons ball ,JR,s women

Re: Dallas

I was a huge fan right up until they asked us to believe an entire series was Pam's dream. As a loyal viewer, I felt a bit cheated.

Comment

I used to love Dallas as a nipper, I remember getting a I Love JR badge.I also bought a single of the Dallas theme, the other side was The Waltons. Come to think of it I probably still have it.
      The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

I was a bit young for it, but I remember my Mum rushing to put me to bed & telling me a story until she could hear the theme tune (very iconic along with the 3 way split screen).

She gave up watching after the infamous "shower - it was all a dream" scene.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
          I was a huge fan right up until they asked us to believe an entire series was Pam's dream. As a loyal viewer, I felt a bit cheated.
          Same here I was a big fan,
          I think they ran out of ideas,the early days were the best,

I also loved to watch Knots Landing Gary Ewing and his wife Valene

Comment

I was totally hooked on this series.
            I absolutely loved Cliff Barnes and was always desperate for him to get one over on J.R!
            sigpic
            'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

What about the who shot JR inscident.I hate those scenes when it all happens in the last programme,you have to wait months before the new series started

Didn,t they bring out tshirts with who shot JR on it

Comment

I remember my kid sister (one of them cos I got seven) wearing an 'I shot JR' Tshirt

Who was it who shot him anyway?

Comment

Kristin!

Comment

Dallas!

CBS on sky are repeating the ENTIRE series of the original Dallas. Loving it.

Tonights episode was hilarious! Lucy had her birthday party and Sue Ellen chose the music, which annoyed her, Pam chose her frocks and this upset her, J.R. and Jock decided to use the party to knock two influential types-a politician and a businessman-for the up-coming Senate seat and prevent Cliff Barnes from getting into Congress-which also upset Lucy...The only thing our pint-sized dwarf wanted was for Valeene to turn up which Jock and J.R. didn't want...so what did Lucy do?

She ran away!

Lucy then stole J.R.s Mercedes - Benz and his wallet....Basically, she ended up being taken hostage on the road by a drifting psycho in his Hot Wheels custom Dodge Van!

Bobby went after her and eventually tracked her down with the Cops who surrounded a bar, there was a stand off and eventually Bobby decks the psycho!

News reaches Miss Ellie et all that 'they'll be comin' home tomorrow!'

Jock then muses he 'never got to dance with ma Gran' Daugta'

Miss Ellie then says, 'Well, you can dance with her tomorrow...!'

Pam looks on a tad moved by Jock and Ellies affection for one another....

Oddly, it seems its a nice period in the tumultous marriage J.R. and Sue Ellen too...

I kid you not..that WAS the plot....My Mum used to bemoan how naff Dallas got by the later 80s/90s, and watching the earlier episodes it has a totally different feel to it....Less sleaze and sex. Refreshing really...I expect the new series will do extremely well, but without the original cast as young as they once were, it won't really be the same will it....?

More Dallas all this week at 11pm on CBS Drama. Beats watching the 1980s MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE on CBS Action any day. And Linda Gray is really hot.

Comment

My Mum and Dad found Cliff played by Ken Kerchaval (his name did it for them and they used to make fun of it) really funny in a 'isn't he unattractive and stupid' kind of way so I never could take him seriously. I also remember it was Terry Wogan who coined the nickname 'The Poison Dwarf'...He also made Dallas popular in the UK when he used to chat about it the morning after on his radio show-best observation of his was about the ONE single phone the Southfork Ranch seemed to have, all that money he'd say and they all go to answer the phone in the hallway!

Its on again tonight, CBS DRAMA 11pm, watch that, then bed. Also, I saw a 'lookalike' pic on the net of Jock.....and a Mystic from The Dark Crystal, was well funny.

Comment

The Dallas theme was my signal to get to bed, so I never got to see it in its heyday.
                        1976 Vintage

Comment

Tonights ep had Cliffs senate campaign ruined by Jock and J.R....the weirdest bit was when Jock thanks Miss Ellie for supper - yeah, as if she MADE it with all the servants in the ranch!

Comment

Re: Dallas!

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
                            CBS on sky are repeating the ENTIRE series of the original Dallas. Loving it.

Tonights episode was hilarious! Lucy had her birthday party and Sue Ellen chose the music, which annoyed her, Pam chose her frocks and this upset her, J.R. and Jock decided to use the party to knock two influential types-a politician and a businessman-for the up-coming Senate seat and prevent Cliff Barnes from getting into Congress-which also upset Lucy...The only thing our pint-sized dwarf wanted was for Valeene to turn up which Jock and J.R. didn't want...so what did Lucy do?

Lucy then stole J.R.s Mercedes - Benz and his wallet....Basically, she ended up being taken hostage on the road by a drifting psycho in his Hot Wheels custom Dodge Van!

Bobby went after her and eventually tracked her down with the Cops who surrounded a bar, there was a stand off and eventually Bobby decks the psycho!

News reaches Miss Ellie et all that 'they'll be comin' home tomorrow!'

Jock then muses he 'never got to dance with ma Gran' Daugta'

Miss Ellie then says, 'Well, you can dance with her tomorrow...!'

Pam looks on a tad moved by Jock and Ellies affection for one another....

Oddly, it seems its a nice period in the tumultous marriage J.R. and Sue Ellen too...

I kid you not..that WAS the plot....My Mum used to bemoan how naff Dallas got by the later 80s/90s, and watching the earlier episodes it has a totally different feel to it....Less sleaze and sex. Refreshing really...I expect the new series will do extremely well, but without the original cast as young as they once were, it won't really be the same will it....?

More Dallas all this week at 11pm on CBS Drama. Beats watching the 1980s MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE on CBS Action any day. And Linda Gray is really hot.

great show aint it.
                            feuding families big shoulder pads big hair its a great show.
                            i watched back in the eighties on rte its an irish channel was on from nine till ten every saturday.
                            She ran away!
                            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                              The Dallas theme was my signal to get to bed, so I never got to see it in its heyday.
                              But have you managed to see it since mate.
                              here is the link.
                              http://youtu.be/YA0SRx9NfaM
                              Last edited by darren; 26-01-2012, 13:02.
                              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                              X