Technical problem grrrr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technical problem grrrr

My MP3 player is now showing 'system file error' for no reason I can see - was working fine yesterday.

Looked in the manual and when you get that message you're told to couple it to your PC and reformat with the supplied CD Rom

All fine and good but reformatting removes all tracks from it - just over a thousand and a lot were sourced all over the place so am gonna have to start again

From now on am always gonna keep a back up file of the tracks on a flash drive but I'm so annoyed at all this!

Stoopid machine is doomed at Xmas anyways ha -
    I bet not many always back up and keep it in synch with their player

Re: Technical problem grrrr

Haven't you got all the mp3's stored on your computer? It would then just be a matter of transferring them back.
    Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

Sadly not all of them, like I said they're from all over - sometimes in mates houses and you go 'thats cool' so they let ya rip it onto your mp3 while they've got their pc fired up

Other times you stumble across a site or two online and find theres free downloads so you take what you want - weeks later you try to return
      but can never find that site again (like the urban myth about the weird village )

I know I should have backed up to my PC but was always 'going to do it soon' so let all others learn by my booboo

Comment

I had the same issue trying to reset an iphone to the previous software version.
        Despite Itunes backing up the contents of the phone before resetting it, once it had restored itself, it was empty of 8gb of music. Even lost all my contacts,etc
        I do have the music backed up, but its spread across several spare hard drives.
        I know I should allow 10gb of drive space on my computer for that, but you never seem to get round to it, as I also have two other ipods, so I'd need 48gb of space to keep all that backed up

Comment

It reminds me of them other little gadgets - they back up all the contacts on your mobile SIM card - mine laid about in kitchen drawer for the best part of three years until the fateful day...my Sim card failed.

Of course I hadn't updated it for those three years so a good half of my contacts had either changed numbers or I had a load of new ones so not a lot of cop really - who has the mental discipline to do stuff like that?

Comment

Working...
          X