Gerry Sundquist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gerry Sundquist

Does anyone else remember this gorgeous actor from the 70s and 80s?

I was besotted with him!

He was in amongst other things :

Soldier And Me - 1974
    The Mallens - 1980
    Great Expectations - 1981
    The Hunchback Of Notre Dame - 1982

Sadly, he committed suicide in 1993. :cry:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1975_gerry.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	264103
    sigpic
    'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Re: Gerry Sundquist

Originally posted by kazboot View Post
    Sadly, he committed suicide in 1993. :cry:

[ATTACH]2209[/ATTACH]
    I didn't know that! I was only wondering a few weeks ago whatever became of him. He was gorgeous in The Mallens. Plucked from obscurity from a cornflakes factory IIRC. Sad news.

Comment

Just read that John Hallam died in 2006 . I really need to keep up.

Comment

Wow! thats a blast from the past!
        I'd totally forgotten him, and his name, until seeing these pics.
        He was often featured in Look-In as a pin-up.
        Maybe he could not handle losing his looks??
        Some retain them throughout life (see Oliver Tobias), while others lose them as soon as they hit 40

I remember him from my older sisters wall, which was covered in the footballers/popstars/actors of the day

Comment

Saw this post and had to reply. For anyone interested in information regarding Gerry Sundquist, check out the Britmovie.co.uk forum. There is a rather long discussion thread about him with pictures etc for fans to see and join. There is also the Internet Movie Database.

I first saw this fabulous looking actor in 1983 in Last Days of Pompeii. Sadly many of the cast members from that miniseries have since passed on.
          It is so very sad that Gerry ended his days so tragically. I read that he had a heroin addiction and suffered from depression.:cry:

Comment

Thanks for the info Toot. Link here Gerry Sundquist - Britmovie - British Film Forum

Awful way to go

Comment

I do remember him..he played Michael in the 2nd part of 'The Mallens'. This series was based on Catherine Cookson's 'The Mallen Girl' and the first part starring John Hallam was based on 'The Mallen Streak'.

Comment

My Grandad used to do some odd jobs for a bloke called Basil Sundquist who claimed he was Gerry's dad. Never believed him but have since noticed that Gerry was from Manchester so maybe he was telling the truth after all.
                "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

I was a huge fan of Soldier and me when it was on in the seventies and looked forward to it on a Sunday afternoon (I'm sure it was Sunday's but could be wrong) My sister was a huge fan of Gerry's for obvious reasons.

I only learned of his passing a few months ago when browsing the net.
                  It's such a tragedy that he could take his life so young due to heroin and depression.

RIP Gerry.

Mike L

Comment

Hi there,

For anyone interested in Gerry Sundquist thread either as a ‘fan’ or being interested in his work, then I thought I would let you know that I have created a group on Facebook, dedicated to his memory. The group is open so anyone can become a member and post comments/links/photos. The link is http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=296988184382&ref=ts
                    I’ve only created the group today so haven’t had time to add any further info. as yet but will do so in due course and hope that other members will contribute too. The aim is that the facebook group will be more accessible to anyone interested in Gerry’s life/career to help keep his memory alive so you are very welcome to join!
                    Thank you for reading this message. Kasa.
                    Last edited by kasa; 10-02-2010, 22:43. Reason: mistake

Comment

Yes, I remember him - just bumped into this forum looking for info on 'Passion Flower Hotel' that Gerry Sundquist was in with Nastassja Kinski 'round about 1978. His death was pretty shocking - I lived at the time in Kingston-on-Thames, next stop along, I was on my way to work, and it was my birthday too, so could hardly forget that! Pity. He was lovely too. Shame how drugs, etc, mess you up.
                      stormyweather

Comment

I remember Gerry Sundquist in the TV Drama "Great Expectations" in the early 80s playing the character Pip. Can't seem to recall him in anything else.

Regards Ben Shepard

Comment

I remember seeing him in "The Music Machine" in the late 70's. How sad to hear he died that way.
                          "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

I was reminded of Gerry Sundquist when reading today that the BBC are remaking Great Expectations. I wondered what had happened to him and so looked him up on IMdB and was very saddened to read of his untimely death.

I particularly remember him from Great Expectations but I also remember my sister swooning over him in The Mallens. He was gorgeous and probably one of my first crushes. With all the TV channels we have these days it would be nice to see a rerun of GE sometime.

Comment

Working...
                            X