Indian Summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Summer

Hi folks whose enjoying nice warm autumn sunshine?

Beautiful in Wales sitting out the garden,watching the bumble bees around the flowers,been for a nice stroll had an ice cream.It looks good for the weekend also,after a washout summer it is really nice to see the sun and enjoy it before the dark evenings.I,ve taking 3 days leave from work I couldn,t have chosen a better time

Re: Indian Summer

Gonna last at least 2 weeks they reckon but expect chilly nights.

Personally I like dark nights and the winter - prefer it much more to summer.

Still, to each his (or her) own
    Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

Oh that's great warm by day,dont mind it being a bit chilly by night,can cope with that

Comment

Make the most of the autumn sunshine,I,ve read we are in for an artic winter,snowfalls expected in January and February with a cold March

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
          Make the most of the autumn sunshine,I,ve read we are in for an artic winter,snowfalls expected in January and February with a cold March
          Where did you read that?

I hope it's true. There's still a lot of the big kid in me that loves the snow and all the pleasures (and trials) it can bring. If this comes true I'll be very happy .

Comment

Originally posted by Kiop View Post
            Where did you read that?

I hope it's true. There's still a lot of the big kid in me that loves the snow and all the pleasures (and trials) it can bring. If this comes true I'll be very happy .

It was in Wales on sunday newspaper,saw it in work this morning

Comment

Been a mild autumn so far no frost where I am from.This morning it is absolutely bucketing down

Comment

Seeing we are having an Indian Summer, I feel I would be justfied in expecting and looking forward to a Siberian winter. Oh, I wish!

Comment

Originally posted by Kiop View Post
                  Seeing we are having an Indian Summer, I feel I would be justfied in expecting and looking forward to a Siberian winter. Oh, I wish!
                  Anything is possible

Comment

Just been looking at the origin of Indian Summer.

I've always imagined it was to do with weather in New Delhi or somewhere like that

However it seems its to do with Native Americans (Red Indians when I was a kid watching Westerns) and they would leave their winter grounds and mount raids on settlers if it became a sunny Autumn

Hey! how about setting off a boring fact post?

Comment

Try to find .".Indian Summer" by Poco, and just let all the good vibes wash all over every one , ....

Comment

Working...
                      X