70's UK Horror TV series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70's UK Horror TV series

I remember being scared witless by a horror / thriller TV series that was on in the 70's (probably around 1977 to 1980 ish). I think it was on a Friday or Saturday, around 10pm, and a memorable episode is where (I think) a husband murdered his wife and buried her outside. I remember fingers and a hand coming out of the shallow grave, and blood or a body at the patio door.

Sorry its so vague, I think I watched through half-closed eyes I was so scared. Anyway, I cannot remember the name of the series, but it was advertised a lot, and may have been on ITV? I thought it was "Thriller" but I bought a series of that show, and it wasn't the one, so if this rambling nonsense rings bells with anyone, please put me out of my misery.

Re: 70's UK Horror TV series

Originally posted by mrkinski View Post
    I remember being scared witless by a horror / thriller TV series that was on in the 70's (probably around 1977 to 1980 ish). I think it was on a Friday or Saturday, around 10pm, and a memorable episode is where (I think) a husband murdered his wife and buried her outside. I remember fingers and a hand coming out of the shallow grave, and blood or a body at the patio door.

Sorry its so vague, I think I watched through half-closed eyes I was so scared. Anyway, I cannot remember the name of the series, but it was advertised a lot, and may have been on ITV? I thought it was "Thriller" but I bought a series of that show, and it wasn't the one, so if this rambling nonsense rings bells with anyone, please put me out of my misery.
    Hi mrkinski

My guess is that it was the latter off shoot series 'Armchair Thriller' as opposed to the original 'Thriller', I saw both of these myself back then, I got the full collection boxset of Thriller sometime back, it is only available as a boxset anyway as far as I know but the Armchair Thriller series is avaialbe individually, I've got a few of those like 'Rachael In Danger' and 'A Dogs Ransome', there's loads that have been loaded up onto Youtube, so have a look on there to see if you can find the one you want and you will get the name as well it is there, hope this helps.

PS

If you find it's not that then try 'Tales Of The Unexpected', it's got to be one or the other of those two series.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Brainstormer; 12-09-2009, 10:35.

Comment

Re: 70's UK Horror TV series

could it be hammer house of horror TV series from 1980

Hammer House of Horror - The TV Series
      My scrapbook blog

My website

Comment

Working...
      X