No announcement yet.

Anyone remember this Heinz advert...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone remember this Heinz advert...

Heinz beanz song (starts off with a little boy on a trike and then playing football all from childs eye level view point)

I woke up one morning
    with this leg full of creeses
    i said call that a leg
    your joking
    come on mum

didle idlll iddle i

if you want to play football
    you need a leg thats decent
    you need exersice a diat thats wise and a bit of
    diddly bum

I di diddly bom, diddly bom a di do, whoops diddly yum a dum a working on your bits
    Diddly bummer, diddly bummer, doppa dippa dido
    Diddly bummer, diddly bummer, heinz buildz brits

(still some words missing) (part of the add were the girl is practising piano.)

They were like 2 spuds!
    With half a pound of chipolata's!
    Couldn't draw or paint and me piano woke up me Mum!

What you need to go far,
    Is exercise for starters,
    Ex-cer-cise – and a diet thats wise
    And a bit of diddly dum!"

the first part of the ad was a boy on a bike talking about his legs. second part of add was girl on a piano. this is the line i cant remember.
    it ran in 1993 and was bases on a chaz and dave song. which is on youtube. hope this helps these are the words as me and my brother used to know the whole advirt off by heart. if anyone can think of the last line thats missing yould be a great help from beccabad1.
    its my fav add cant find it anywhere due to the fire that ITV had. add ran from 1993-1994

I di diddly bom, diddly bom a di do, whoops diddly yum a dum a working on your bits

Originally posted by fluffygirl View Post
    In the 1990's, Heinz baked beans had an advert which was a song full of silly words. It went something like this:

etc

I can't remember much else, but it was just silly words that didn't mean anything and it went really fast. I can't remember what was on the screen, i just remember hearing the song.

Me and my friend, watched it over and over and wrote down the words and learnt it off by heart (we had WAY to much time on our hands!!)

I need to know that someone else remembers this (surely it wasn't all in my head!)

i have tried searching on youtube but can't find it. it's pretty obscure.

I'd be grateful for any help.
    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
      I remember this ad. I always felt Alf Roberts from Home & Away should have sung it and been the front man for this awful ad. He used to say odd tings in H & W like 'WHAT THE YAHOO BLAZES?!' Or 'You yazoos' or odd things like that so this stupid song would have suited him to a tee....lol.
      I know that I have bumped an old thread up, but thinking of Alf Roberts as a Home and Away character made me do something so close to my computer that Health and Safety would not recommend one little bit. It was Alf Stewart of course, although he also owned his own grocery store as well in Home and Away back in the 1990s ironically enough.

Speaking of that beans advert, didn't the late Chas and the "still on time" Dave sing the tune in the advert?
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Yes, I’ve only just discovered that the song in the advert is based on a song by Chas and Dave, after listening to a random selection of their songs following the death of Chas.
        1976 Vintage

Comment

i have found it..... couldnt upload on here had to post on youtube first... enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by fluffygirl View Post
            In the 1990's, Heinz baked beans had an advert which was a song full of silly words. It went something like this:

etc

I can't remember much else, but it was just silly words that didn't mean anything and it went really fast. I can't remember what was on the screen, i just remember hearing the song.

Me and my friend, watched it over and over and wrote down the words and learnt it off by heart (we had WAY to much time on our hands!!)

I need to know that someone else remembers this (surely it wasn't all in my head!)

i have tried searching on youtube but can't find it. it's pretty obscure.

I'd be grateful for any help.
            Thanks
            I asked this on my FB page, my friend came to the rescue with this link

https://youtu.be/1LG6rzq9_Vk

Enjoy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
              Speaking of that beans advert, didn't the late Chas and the "still on time" Dave sing the tune in the advert?
              I remember Chas and Dave performing this song when I saw them in Brighton. Dont remember the ad mind

Comment

I didn't know that Chas and Dave had actually included this as part of their songs - thanks for that!
                I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                X