X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V

Did anyone watches series V?
    Just V...

The series with the reptilian species trying to take over the planet...

What happened to that?
    sigpic

Re: V

very enjoyable series and they have just remade it.

check out the trailer here
    ABC’s V Remake Trailer - Film Junk

ABC Decides To Remake V, Nobody Really Sure Why | Hecklerspray
    "V" (2009)
    My scrapbook blog

My website

Comment

Wow looks good.
      Is tha coming into the uk soon?
      I don't have sky and can't get ABC channel.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Soul View Post
        The series with the reptilian species trying to take over the planet..
        It wasn't David Icke's mob was it?

I never saw this series until a few years ago when I had friends over from Sweden who were big fans of it and bought the DVD's over here. I watched the whole thing with them but to be honest I wasn't all that impressed with it.
        Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

I've heard the original Mini Series was good, with highlights being a half lizard girl & someone eating a rat whole.

The follow-up regular series wasn't so good.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

My dad and I use to watch this regularly in the early 80's. I still have one of my barbie coloring books where my dad colored with me and he colored the people green and put bubbles over their heads talking about the "V" series.
            I'd rather hear the bad truth than a good lie

Comment

They were showing the series on a SKY channel recently, Bravo I think, don't remember it being so bad in th 80's.

Comment

I did quite enjoy the mini series, but I never continued watching it.
                sigpic
                'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

I remember this when it was on TSW in the late '80s. I got a little confised, as I think V was divided between the initial 'pilot' episodes, and then the series proper, which was the struggle between humanity and the Visitors.

Robert Englund's finest hour, maybe? 'Mouseeee? Mouseeeeee?'

I keep meaning to rent the DVDs, but I'm wary that my memories of it will be shattered by the hell of '80s production values and terrible scripting.

I used to love the V computer game, though. Played it on the Spectrum avidly for weeks, and never managed to crack the lizard code language.
                  The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
                  Marcel Proust

Comment

When they showed the pilot episodes in the eighties, they weren't all shown on all of the ITV regional channels, It was shown on TSW and not HTV. As my mothers house was in a cross over area, some people could receive TSW and some couldn't, so we'd all pile around to watch it at someone's house who could receive it.

I think when they released the series, a lot of people in the HTV region hadn't seen the pilot shows, so it was a bit strange and confusing.

Comment

Are they so desperately short of ideas?
                      Seems like they found the original script & probably added a few little bits to make it more up to date, chucked a load of FX at it & hey presto.

I gather Blake's 7 is to be brought up to date as well - what is the point? these shows had their time, they were OK.
                      Thing is, we know what happens so really the only thing for sci-fi buffs is the FX and the odd new plot twist not from the original (but probably nicked from star trek or some sci fi book).

Although I watched every episode of the original series, I felt it ended at the right time as interest seemed to be waning.

Comment

Remake is starting on Sci-Fi channel on Tuesday @ 22.00

Comment

I watched the original mini series on tape back in the 80's and enjoyed it, the tv series was very poor though and the reusing of stock effects was pretty annoying. I have watched the first episode of the remake and thought it was reasonable and will continue to watch unless it goes knowhere

Comment

Working...
                          X