Kim & Co

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kim & Co

I've had vague memories of this series for 34 years, but I've only just found any details about it!

Opening sequence, (though the German version, I think)
    YouTube - Kim und Co The theme blew me away as it all came flooding back!

The IMDB is here: "Kim & Co." (1975)

Simon Turner played Kim. He was also a bit of a pop star at the time, apparently.

Anyone else remember the series? (1973)

Re: Kim & Co

I remember watching it during the summer in 1976.The episodes i recall most,were when they were in London,and i think Greece or Malta.I liked the series,and i do wish it were released on DVD.
    I was reading up on the episodes,on a German site,regarding Kim & Co,and was really surprised at where they went throughout Europe.It was filmed in so many different places,by ordinary standards,especially todays standards,the quality seems to be incredible.If nothing else,somebody should release every episode on DVD,just for the quality of the travelling in it.Filming the series must have been wonderful for the children in the cast,as they literally went all over Europe.I personally think,releasing the series on DVD,would make a lot of money,because it has so many interesting locations in it.

Comment

Originally posted by moonvisage View Post
      I remember watching it during the summer in 1976.The episodes i recall most,were when they were in London,and i think Greece or Malta.I liked the series,and i do wish it were released on DVD.
      I was reading up on the episodes,on a German site,regarding Kim & Co,and was really surprised at where they went throughout Europe.It was filmed in so many different places,by ordinary standards,especially todays standards,the quality seems to be incredible.If nothing else,somebody should release every episode on DVD,just for the quality of the travelling in it.Filming the series must have been wonderful for the children in the cast,as they literally went all over Europe.I personally think,releasing the series on DVD,would make a lot of money,because it has so many interesting locations in it.
      This is very interesting to hear. Lets hope Network DVD are listening!

Comment

Yes,NetworkDVD are our only hope.I guess they could contact Simon Fisher Turner himself on myspace,and ask him if he has any material from the series.I have read somewhere,that Simon Fisher Turner,along with another man,created the theme tune for Kim & Co.Maybe,Simon has the entire series stored somewhere at home?

Comment

Originally posted by moonvisage View Post
          Yes,NetworkDVD are our only hope.I guess they could contact Simon Fisher Turner himself on myspace,and ask him if he has any material from the series.I have read somewhere,that Simon Fisher Turner,along with another man,created the theme tune for Kim & Co.Maybe,Simon has the entire series stored somewhere at home?
          Wow! That's a thought. It would be great if something came of this.

Comment

I got the idea of asking Simon Fisher Turner when i remembered that i heard that the original series of the Railway Children,which everybody assumed was lost for ever,turned out to be in the possession of Jenny Agutter herself.She kept them at home.
            I wonder how many other actors,or their families, have the original tv series,films and theme tunes at home.It was not so long ago the entire Tubby Hayes Jazz collection was discovered and released.His mother kept them when he died,and when she passed away,his ex girlfriend obtained them and released them all.You can see them on youtube if you type in Tubby Hayes.The famous Tubby Hayes VooDoo tune,which featured Roy Castle and was in the film: Dr Terror's House of Horrors,was also discovered in the collection aswell.It was released as a single a few months ago,with a limited edition pressing of 666.It sold out immediately.That VooDoo tune was thought to be lost forever aswell,and people assumed it was only listenable to on the Dr Terror House of Horrors VHS and DVD.

Comment

I have just found this little bit of info on the internet:

Kim and Co. (22/5/75 - 29/7/75)

--His last children's series, the only series that doesn't exist in the BBC archives. Kim and Co was a co-production with Holland. It was also shot on film and was quite expensive. As it was a co-production, it may exist in another company's (not BBC) vaults.
              --Episodes: 1. Denmark - the Cipenhagen Code 2. London - the Disco Kid 3. Denmark - Double Cross 4. Great britain - The Sunshine Gang 5. Austria - The Switch 6. Scotland - The Genesis Stones 7. Denmark - Captain Peter 8. London - The Forever Boy 9. Austria - The Puppeteers. 10. Scotland - Holiday Hunt
              --(This series is the only one not to exist. But as it was a co-production it is likely to exist in foreign archives as it was made on film)

Here is the link: http://acme.highpoint.edu/~whood/sftacting.html

So,it looks like it is somewhere in europe,but as yet,nobody knows where.

Here is a full list of the people connected to Kim & co: http://www.screened.com/kim-co/16-124294/credits/

Two youtube clips with the theme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQxPiVdUqH8

I thought the above theme tune clip had been removed months ago,so i was pretty sad,but i have just come across it again today.It must have been a youtube glitch or something.

Here is a second clip with the theme tune:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxgPU...eature=related

I love the music in the above clip.No wonder Simon Fisher Turner eventually became a Professor of Music.
              If only we could find out where the series is being stored.All info so far,seems to point to Holland as a possible storage location,unfortunately,no clue as to where.
              The White Horses was discovered in a German Film Vault. The Adventures of Robinson Crusoe was discovered in a French Film Vault,so hopefully,Kim & Co will still be languishing in Film Vault somewhere in Holland.
              If only we can find it!

Comment

Some really nice links there, moonvisage. Thank you

Comment

Cant believe you found this stuff !!!!!! Played the part of eric in this series and heard that the BBC had deleted all tapes so never thought I would see anything again !!

Comment

dont think Simon wrote the music though we did write a couple of songs that we used in the series .

Comment

Welcome Christopher.It is such a privilege to have you here and such a delightful surprise.
                      I will post your IMDb page here and links to a clip or two of the film: No blade of grass,which you were in.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0517436/

No blade of grass clip

Thank you for correcting me regarding the music,i really appreciate that.Do you appear in any of the little clips above? I have never seen,or heard of the film before,it looks great to watch.I think i will buy it on DVD.
                      You seem to have appeared in a few T.V shows and film,that i have never heard of,except Kim & Co.I would be really interested to know more about these shows,as they all seem to be very rare,original and unique in their own right,and luckily,they all fit in with the dates this forum is about: 70's,80's and 90's,and,what the forum members love most,which is finding out about rare film and T.V shows.
                      It is a genuine pleasure to have you here as a member Christopher,I,and i am sure all other members of the forum,look forward to chatting to you in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by chrislofthouse View Post
                        Cant believe you found this stuff !!!!!! Played the part of eric in this series and heard that the BBC had deleted all tapes so never thought I would see anything again !!

OMG, OMG!!! I have to confess, I had SUCH a crush on Eric (though I did wish they'd found him a more "cool" name...) when I watched this, blush, blush!!! I'm now 46, happily married and REALLY should know better than to be admitting to things like this!
                        I loved Kim & Co., it was so exciting! I particularly remember an episode when the "baddie" was chasing Kim up a mountain, was virtually within grasp, and then fell backwards to his doom. My mum said it was flimed on Ingleborough, but I'm not convinced...
                        Just so wonderful that I'm not the only one to remember Kim & Co; I bought "Kim" with my pocket money from a local bookshop, only to discover it was Rudyard Kipling's novel, and being bitterly disappointed (how ungrateful can you get?!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Tortie View Post
                          ...I loved Kim & Co., it was so exciting! I particularly remember an episode when the "baddie" was chasing Kim up a mountain, was virtually within grasp, and then fell backwards to his doom. My mum said it was flimed on Ingleborough, but I'm not convinced...
                          Just so wonderful that I'm not the only one to remember Kim & Co; I bought "Kim" with my pocket money from a local bookshop, only to discover it was Rudyard Kipling's novel, and being bitterly disappointed (how ungrateful can you get?!!!)
                          Nice to find another Kim & Co fan.

Oh, what a shame about your book purchase! As I read your post, I thought... wow, a paperback!? Then reading on, shared your disappointment. lol!

Comment

I can still remember the theme tune to this day, without even hearing it on You-Tube or anything; that's how much I loved this show; it seemed very "grown-up" to me at the time, and it inspired me in the creative writing we used to have to do at school - oh happy days!!!

Comment

Somebody has uploaded the Kim & Co audio in the German Language on youtube!
                              I'll post one for us all to listen to.

Here is a link to the YouTube Kim & Co uploader.He has uploaded quite a few,so you will have to scour his uploads.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Bussard79?feature=watch

I can only hope this is the first of many discoveries regarding Kim & Co,and more material releases.
                              It is great to see you amongst the people who commented Christopher!

Comment

Working...
                              X