Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kids TV Programme in the early 80's

Does anyone remember a kids tv programme of the early 80's

the start had an animal swinging on a tyre - there was a rabbit i think that was nice and then it would turn evil when it used to put big scary teeth in and it had a cauldron - it was set in a wood i think - i keep humming the theme tune but the name of this is doing my head in - it was puppetry animation

someone must have watched this apart from me!!!

Re: Kids TV Programme in the early 80's

Maybe you are talking about Oscar The Rabbit which was I think a foam puppet show with black backrounds and had Gnasher the pterodactyl who used to hand his false teeth on his washing line of death. I seem to remember he had a cauldron.
    There is a thread here on all about it.
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Kids TV Programme in the early 80's

Re: Oscar The Rabbit - childrens tv programme
      INFO FROM THE MAIN DYR WEBSITE

Deinitely!!!!!, we used to get it in Scotland about mid-late afternoon, I can remember him swinging about on a tyre at the either beginning or the end of the programme, It was called something like Oscar and the great Wooferoo, I remember the tune vividly and Karen O you are right about the sort of fairground style music and yes it was very screechy in places, Gnashers was the Pterodactyl and the Dragon was called Zaggy and did involve the Washing Line of Death, I think Gnashers may have also appeared in a very similar type of programme called The Dinosaur Show and it was set to a black background but you could sometimes see the movements of the persons controlling the puppets in the background. I reckon this was out about 1977ish,same time as Jamie and The Magic Torch
      mark welsh 17-Sep-2008, 02:49:08 PM

Oscar, Ganshers and the Great Wooferoo! I have been trying to track this down for years, even contacted Tyne TV and tried to contact Lance Percival who did the voices but to no avail. The land they all lived in was at the bottom of a dustbin and every now and then a piece of trash would fall out of the sky, like an old tin can or a fish skeleton, the whole thing was completely weird and nightmarish and I have never forgotten it. The BFI own the reels and the rights and we are unlikely to ever see it again unless someone wins the lottery and buys it off them, I would!
      JudgeAnderson 18-Apr-2009, 07:26:23 PM
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X