Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spooky kid's television show

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anybody remembers a show that I think aired in the early or mid '80s in Australia. It was a similar format and style to The Twilight Zone but I'm pretty sure it was English and it was a children's programme. My sister thought it was called 'Spooky' but I've done a couple of searches and can't find any reference to it.

Basically there was a different spooky story in every episode and the only one I remember was set in World War II at a girls' boarding school. The class were all singing in a choir and one girl was sent out of the room because she was talking. While she was outside she heard 'doodle bug' bombs and went back into the room to try to alert the group, but the teacher wouldn't let the girls stop singing and wouldn't listen to her. It doesn't sound like much but it was actually pretty disturbing. I think there was another episode about levitation but I'm not sure.

Does anyone know about this show?

Thanks

Re: spooky kid's television show

I reckon this is "Dramarama", a series of one-off dramas for kids, the different ITV regions throughout the UK contributing episodes. The first series consisted of supernatural stories, so it was given the title "Dramarama - Spooky" (this was also sung during the opening titles, with emphasis on the "Spooky", which may be why that bit stuck with your sister).

Comment

Definitely Dramarama - I remember being absolutely terrified by the Doodlebug episode - the classroom doors opening and shutting as the spirits of the dead children passed through them and a clock with its hands going backwards .. brrrr. There was another dead scary one where a boy just gets chased around by a man in a cloak, who turns out to have the boy's face. And then next week there'd be a really boring one about a pony club or some such. Network should re-issue them (although I remember they were made by different regional networks so it might be a bit difficult).

Comment

Goosebumps?

Comment

Working...
        X