Wrong lyrics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wrong lyrics

My Mum asked me what "trombellees" are. I looked at her puzzled. She said they keep singing about them in that Freed from desire song by Gala. "My love has got no money, he's got his trombellees". PMSL. It's strong beliefs.
    "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Another one of mine - Madonna, Express Yourself

'Long stemmed roses from a radio heart throb...' should have been 'Long stemmed roses are the way to your heart, but...'

Radio heart throb??? Pat Sharp and his mullet perhaps ???
      1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by branny View Post
        My Mum asked me what "trombellees" are. I looked at her puzzled. She said they keep singing about them in that Freed from desire song by Gala. "My love has got no money, he's got his trombellees". PMSL. It's strong beliefs.
        I remember having to correct many of my peers at the time over various misinterpretations of that line. Another line from that same song, "My lover's got no money" was misheard by many as "My lover's in the morning".

Misheard by many, but I always loved the real lyrics of that song, very life-affirming.

Comment

Originally posted by BlitzKid View Post
          I remember having to correct many of my peers at the time over various misinterpretations of that line. Another line from that same song, "My lover's got no money" was misheard by many as "My lover's in the morning".

Misheard by many, but I always loved the real lyrics of that song, very life-affirming.
          ...he's got his dungerees...
          1976 Vintage

Comment

OMG...I'm laughing my butt off here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I thought 'strong beliefs' was 'trampoline'.
              Rush Rush by Paula Abdul sounded like Push Push.
              Shake Your Head by Was (Not Was) sounded like Shave Your Hair.

Comment

bohemian rhapsody to me sounded like he was asking someone "spare him his life for his one sausage tea" and then he went on to sing about a "miss miller " who wouldnt let him go

i convinced my self that in ` message in a bottle` sting was telling us "a year has passed since i broke my nose"

and madonna in la isla bonita sang either "last night i dreamt of potatoes" or "last night i dreamt of lumbago"

Comment

Originally posted by n3llyo View Post
                  bohemian rhapsody to me sounded like he was asking someone "spare him his life for his one sausage tea" and then he went on to sing about a "miss miller " who wouldnt let him go

i convinced my self that in ` message in a bottle` sting was telling us "a year has passed since i broke my nose"

and madonna in la isla bonita sang either "last night i dreamt of potatoes" or "last night i dreamt of lumbago"
                  this thread has got me genuinely LOLing. Hilarious. I'm starting to think bangers must feature in bohemian rhapsody somewhere. Warm sausages, prawn sausages, now one sausage tea!
                  1976 Vintage

Comment

Sandy Thom's big hit
                    -'I wish I was a prawn cracker(punk rocker) with flowers in my hair'

Comment

Also,for years I wondered what a 'Parmy' was.Some sort of gastronomical delight,perhaps? Well after hearing 10CC sing 'Life is a minestrone,served up with Parmys and cheese' what was I supposed to think???

Comment

REM's 'Losing my religion', that's me in the corner - let's pee in the corner.
                        ABBA's 'Super Trooper', called you last night from Glasgow - saw you last night in Tesco.

Comment

My mates mum thought "Sad Sweet Dreamer" by Sweet Sensation was "Sexy Dreamer" and she got upset when "Ghostbusters" was popular. She thought they were singing "Dam b****ds"

I thought the line in "Just The Way You Are", "I never want to work that hard", was "I never want a word at all"

Comment

My wife used to always sing the wrong words to a song I think was from the Pinocchio movie ... "Hey diddly dee, a Captain's life for me" somehow became "Hey diddly dee, the cat is after me" ...

Comment

It was "Honey Honey" by ABBA.

"You're a love machine, ooh you make me dizzy" is, I believe, the correct lyric.

As a child, I always seemed to hear it as "You're a lump of sh*t, ooh you make me feel sick"!

Comment

Just another man next monday

instead if " just another Manic Monday" by The Bangles

Comment

Working...
                                X