Wrong lyrics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wrong lyrics

I was never sure if Madness were sing "Gone to f*** it" is Baggy Trousers, as my friend & I kept listening to it to try & puzzle out when they were singing.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

the happy talk lyric is " i`m a lucky cuss" (a word meaning an annoying person)
      i know that because when the captain sensible song was in the charts i was in school one day and gleefully sang it as (the for mentioned) " im a lucky **** " a teacher heard me told me the real lyrics then made me do a 2000 word essay on the word cuss as punishment for using profanities

Comment

Originally posted by n3llyo View Post
        the happy talk lyric is " i`m a lucky cuss" (a word meaning an annoying person)
        He did swear during one performance on Top of the Pops though. That's what I've heard anyway.

Comment

and madonna in la isla bonita sang either "last night i dreamt of potatoes" or "last night i dreamt of lumbago"
          I thought that, somewhat politically incorrectly, Madonna was singing "last night I dreamt of some dego " and then of a young girl with eyes like potatoes

Comment

Originally posted by mazzer View Post
            I thought that, somewhat politically incorrectly, Madonna was singing "last night I dreamt of some dego " and then of a young girl with eyes like potatoes
            theres also a bit in the song where it sounds like she is singing "chop me goolies island breeze" which always makes my eyes water at the thought of being castrated

Comment

Wednesday Week by the Undertones. It contains the line:

She's gone to school with her best friend.

I wondered how they managed to get past the BBC censor, because however carefully I listened to it, I was sure he was saying, 'She's gone to s***w her best friend.'
              The present is a foreign country. They do things differently here.

Comment

In the Simon and Garfunkel hit 'Mrs Robinson' when they sang 'Heaven holds a place for those who pray', I thought they sang 'Kevin holds a place for those who pray!
                The best Government is that which governs least - Thoreau.

Comment

A friend used to sing to the Ce Ce Peniston song "Finally it has happened to me, right in front of my face puffy lips can't describe it"

should be "my feelings"
                  1976 Vintage

Comment

Back in the 1990s I heard a song by The Sandpipers which at first I thought went like this:

One for the meadow.
                    There's only one for the meadow.
                    One for the meadow.

When I heard it another time I realised that was wrong, in fact it was in a foreign language. The chorus actually went more like "One tolla-merra", but I wasn't sure what.

Last night I found out it's actually "Guantanamera" - The Sandpipers
                    I am 13 ... times 4.

Comment

Dad once heard "Staying Alive" on an advert and thought it was "Raising a Laugh". ?!!?

Comment

Can't ever hear the song by KLF, 3am Eternal without singing along to the words..........................."Owing to the fact that Tom is a turtle"

It should of course be "Owing to the fact that time is eternal"

Gam

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                          A friend used to sing to the Ce Ce Peniston song "Finally it has happened to me, right in front of my face puffy lips can't describe it"

should be "my feelings"
                          It became our quote of choice whenever we saw Lesley Ash lol.
                          1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by BobL View Post
                            I am suprised that nobody has mentioned The Beatles "Paperback Writer" where on at least one occasion "She's a big teaser" is sung as Shes a ***** Teaser

My wife used to sing "Amullsha Cup" as in" Im in love I'm all shook up"
                            The Beatles song in question is actually 'Day Tripper', my friend.
                            The best Government is that which governs least - Thoreau.

Comment

Originally posted by Star Attraction View Post
                              Back in the 1990s I heard a song by The Sandpipers which at first I thought went like this:

One for the meadow.
                              One for the meadow.

When I heard it another time I realised that was wrong, in fact it was in a foreign language. The chorus actually went more like "One tolla-merra", but I wasn't sure what.

Last night I found out it's actually "Guantanamera" - The Sandpipers
                              I always thought it was 'one ton of melons'
                              sigpic
                              'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

bohemian rhapsody to me sounded like he was asking someone "spare him his life for his one sausage tea" and then he went on to sing about a "miss miller " who wouldnt let him go

i convinced my self that in ` message in a bottle` sting was telling us "a year has passed since i broke my nose"

and madonna in la isla bonita sang either "last night i dreamt of potatoes" or "last night i dreamt of lumbago"
                                "last night I dreamt of some daigo"

Brim full of asher always sounds to me like "William Booth Asher on the 45"

Comment

Working...
                                X