The Gentle Touch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Gentle Touch

I watched these, the memory's hazy but I know I enjoyed them, especially CATS Eyes, all that glamour and big hair, combined with the danger and excitement was a heady mix, that along with Dempsey and Makepeace and Anna Lee made me want to become a Detective

Comment

Gentle Touch now showing around midnight on one of the more obscure sky movie channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Jemima View Post
        I watched these, the memory's hazy but I know I enjoyed them, especially CATS Eyes, all that glamour and big hair, combined with the danger and excitement was a heady mix, that along with Dempsey and Makepeace and Anna Lee made me want to become a Detective
        Did you become a detective Jemima? I have been looking for The Gentle Touch to watch again. Know where I can find it?

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
          ..and still gorgeous.

I think the photo is pretty recent.

This YT promotion is from only last year.
          YouTube - Jill Gascoine and Colette Freedman discuss Sister Cities

Unfortunately, she is very ill :cry: :

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3915276/Pioneering-TV-detective-Jill-Gascoine-starred-Gentle-Touch-final-stages-Alzheimer-s-reveals-heartbroken-husband.html

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...of-alzheimers/

Comment

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
            Did you become a detective Jemima? I have been looking for The Gentle Touch to watch again. Know where I can find it?
            currently being shown on Talking pictures tv which by the way is a great channel if you enjoy movies from the 40s/50s/60s
            Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

It showed the full run of episodes up until i saw it on t,p tv id not seen it in at least 25+yrs.

Good stuff and pretty gritty.

And charlie from casualty was in it. For a few series/

Originally posted by tex View Post
              currently being shown on talking pictures tv which by the way is a great channel if you enjoy movies from the 40s/50s/60s
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I can appreciate The Gentle Touch now far more than I did when it was originally transmitted. Back then I was far more keen on shows like The Sweeney and The Professionals, and The Gentle Touch seemed bland by comparison. Now, I can see how good the show is, with fine scripts and acting, and it is nice to see it being shown again.

Comment

Working...
                X