Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Gentle Touch

Default Re: The Gentle Touch

Between that and the theme music, well creeped out!

The Gentle Touch was a massive ratings success in the UK, where it was shown on Friday nights in a 9.00pm slot except for the final series which was shown on Saturday nights.

The series made Gascoine a household name and lasted for five series, however the character of Maggie Forbes lasted longer and in 1985 she returned in the more action orientated spin-off series c.a.t.s eyes also created by Terence Feely about a team of female detectives in Kent who covertly work for the home office.

it rtan from 11th of April 1980
    until the 24th of November 1984.

there where 56 episodes which lasted an hour which included ad breaks.

The series starred jill gascoine as Detective Inspector Maggie Forbes, who has worked her way up through the ranks of the police force and is based at the Seven Dials police station in london.

Maggie's husband, police constable, is k****d during the first episode, leaving her to juggle her career with single parenthood, raising her teenage son.

http://youtu.be/xjqoaQ2BTk0
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

anjum_afaq4 Guest

think we got a new Gentle Touch favorite on our hands! Requests for Beyoncé's “1+1″ have been INSANE. So I thought I would share the video with you

Been watching this on talking pictures tv a lot of well know faces on it like derek thompson aka charlie from casualty man he look so young..

Such a wonderfully good show.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

I read that Jill Gascoigne couldn't drive, so when you saw her in the driving seat of a car, the car was not moving - she could have had a Michael Knight KITT car of course if she wanted to.

And of course, the Forbes spin off CATS Eyes was made by TVS and not LWT which I keep forgetting about.
    I am now in my 40s (just in case anyone asks).

I watched these, the memory's hazy but I know I enjoyed them, especially CATS Eyes, all that glamour and big hair, combined with the danger and excitement was a heady mix, that along with Dempsey and Makepeace and Anna Lee made me want to become a Detective

Gentle Touch now showing around midnight on one of the more obscure sky movie channels.

Quote Originally Posted by Jemima View Post
    I watched these, the memory's hazy but I know I enjoyed them, especially CATS Eyes, all that glamour and big hair, combined with the danger and excitement was a heady mix, that along with Dempsey and Makepeace and Anna Lee made me want to become a Detective
    Did you become a detective Jemima? I have been looking for The Gentle Touch to watch again. Know where I can find it?

Quote Originally Posted by Donald the Great View Post
    Did you become a detective Jemima? I have been looking for The Gentle Touch to watch again. Know where I can find it?
    currently being shown on Talking pictures tv which by the way is a great channel if you enjoy movies from the 40s/50s/60s
    ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NEXT HALF HOUR.