'Nit' Nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Nit' Nurse

Does anybody else recall the embarrassing experience of having to see the 'nit' nurse at school? Where she would sit you down and look through your hair for head lice?

I don't know about anybody else, but I don't recall knowing anybody or knowing of anybody who ever had head lice or 'nits', either at school or since.

No wonder this practice has died out, it seemed to be totally pointless.
    Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Re: 'Nit' Nurse

*Scratch" We have a thread about this some where on the forum *scratch*

Cheers Kiop... I'll be doing that all night now *scratchhhh*

*shudders*
    Heather

Comment

All my protein comes from the nit and lice production farm I have established ontop of my dignified bonce.

Comment

I remember lining up in a queue for the nit nurse,it was embarassingthank god it was only in primary school and once a year.

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
          *Scratch" We have a thread about this some where on the forum *scratch*

Cheers Kiop... I'll be doing that all night now *scratchhhh*

*shudders*
          I remember starting a thread about this last year but can't find it now- it was in Miscallenaeous ( Duh!!!! first time I've tried to spell that and I don't think it came out too good)

Comment

I can't remember actually having nits, but had to use that shampoo as a precautionary measure, which disturbingly smelt like Joop.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I remember the nit nurse, they used to line us all up and we didn't know why and kids would say we were getting an injection and we were relieved when it was just the nit nurse.
              Squirrel

Comment

It doesn't mean your hair's dirty if you've got them, my mum had them when she was a child despite the fact that her mother was always washing her hair.
                "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Comment

clean hair thats wha nits love i never had nits only use too wash me hair now and again lol
                  THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

if schools still had the nit nurse there wouldn't be such a huge problem today

Comment

sure i had nits at some point.

and yes i used that shampoo it seemed if u used it and others found out outside your family that you where a dirty person hair wise.
                      but thats wrong.

Originally posted by philipdalton View Post
                      It doesn't mean your hair's dirty if you've got them, my mum had them when she was a child despite the fact that her mother was always washing her hair.
                      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Does anyone know if your head itches like mad if you get them?
                        "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Comment

I'm assuming that's where the term "nitpicking" came from.

Comment

Working...
                          X