Coming of age dramas later 70s early 80s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming of age dramas later 70s early 80s

I am trying to recall two comming of age dramas that I think were shown on ITV in the late 70s or early 80s.

1) Set in the 50s. A public school boy returns home somewhere on the North Yorkshire coast. He comes across a reclusive, cantankerous old man. Soon they become friends and teh bor starts running running errands for the old man. The boy meets a girl and quickly the romance threatens the friendship with the old man. However things work out as the girl starts to look after the old man whilst the boy is at school.

2)Another teenage romance. Ths couple in this one runaway together after they are found in bed together and their families put a ban on them meeting. Unfortunately I can't remember how this one ends.

Please can anyone remember any drama that may be these?

Re: Coming of age dramas later 70s early 80s

Hiya Indy

Your second one makes me think of a play for today episode - Donal & Sally

Maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
      Hiya Indy

Your second one makes me think of a play for today episode - Donal & Sally

Maybe?
      Hi Danny,

Thanks for replying so quickly.

I don't think it would have been a play for today. I'm sure it was a series, probably a three parter and on ITV.

Comment

I think I have found number 2.

The "ITV Series Late 70s Early 80s' asks about the same series. In reply Adrian points to "Two People". I managed to find details of this at the BFI(BFI | Film & TV Database | TWO PEOPLE). The series wa actually 6 episodes long, which is why I probably can't rmember how it ended as I can only remember three.

Now can anyone help with the other series set on the north yorkshire coast?

Comment

Working...
        X