Stay Lucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stay Lucky

Just a reminder that Network has released a DVD with the whole of Series 1 of Stay Lucky starring Dennis Waterman and Jan Francis. It became available as from 7th September this year. A remarkable comedy drama spanning four seasons from 1989 to 1993, it featured a stellar cast including Emma Wray, Ian McNeice, Susan George, James Grout, Leslie Ash and many others. This DVD features the three episodes of the first series, and was largely shot on location at Hebden Bridge Marina.

As a great admirer of her acting, I have to admit my prime interest here is Jan Francis, and her pairing with Dennis Waterman is a stroke of casting genius - the chemistry between them absolutely fizzes off the screen. They had appeared together once before in a 1985 episode of Minder, which was arguably Waterman's signature work. They turned up again in 2007 in an episode of New Tricks, and the sparkle was still there!

Thoroughly good entertainment all round, I would fully recommend the DVD to any fan of this show.
Working...
X