Warlord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warlord

The Warlord comics first came out in 1975 and contained a mix of sword and sorcery tales. I remember two characters from the Warlord comics more clearly than the rest - D-Day Dawson and Peter Flint. There was a huge poster given away in one edition which had D-Day Dawson charging out of it at you bayonet fixed with all the British Army Divisional badges around the frame. It looked great on my bedroom wall when I was 10. A few years ago, I was at the Nothe Fort Museum in Weymouth and they had the same poster on the wall... imagine my excitement as I was taken back to a vivid childhood memory (and imagine the look I got from my 'other-half')

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Warlord

Warlord No1 came out 24 Sept 1974
    627 issues

Last issue 27 Sept 1986, it then merged with Victor (which itself ended 21 Nov 1992)
    sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

I bought Warlord for about 18 months from the first issue. There was an album diven away, with foil replicas of various medals to stick inside. I think readers could join a club and get special messages from Lord Peter Flint. My favourite strips were Union Jack Jackson and Warlord. There was a strip which featured a WW2 fighter aircraft which had lost its wings and the pilot trundled it round the North African desert battling the Afrika Korps, but I can't recall if it was a Warlord strip or was in another comic.

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
        I bought Warlord for about 18 months from the first issue. There was an album diven away, with foil replicas of various medals to stick inside. I think readers could join a club and get special messages from Lord Peter Flint. My favourite strips were Union Jack Jackson and Warlord. There was a strip which featured a WW2 fighter aircraft which had lost its wings and the pilot trundled it round the North African desert battling the Afrika Korps, but I can't recall if it was a Warlord strip or was in another comic.
        Sounds a bit like the plot to Death Race

Comment

Now you mention it, I remember seeing that film, but I am sure I saw a strip that was similar to it somewhere. Thinking about it, the strip was probably a one-off, maybe in a US comic or one of the Commando clones that existed in the 60s/70s.

I believe D-Day Dawson, mentioned by an earlier poster, appeared in Warlord's rival, Battle Picture Weekly. I think he copped a bullet on D-Day that was too near his heart for an operation, and which would kill him sooner or later.

Comment

Working...
          X