Sheila Fearn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheila Fearn

I loved her in the 'Likely Lads' and in 'George & Mildred'. I'm sure I read somewhere that she retired from the business some time ago but does anyone know if in fact she did, or if she's still acting anywhere ?

Re: Sheila Fearn

Apparently she retired in 1988 and maybe moved to America. This article is quite interesting...

Whatever happened to Sheila Fearn? (From Borehamwood Times)

Comment

Thanks for the link Marine Boy. It would be wonderful to see Sheila Fearn and the two 'Likely Lads' in a new production of some kind, but given James Bolam's very public disdain for his one-time co-star it does indeed look unlikely.

Comment

OK Mike...I'm a new subscriber and joined because I just purchased the Likely Lads set and loved it.
        Must say I have a bit of a crush on the "Terry" charcter...I know James is quite old (New Tricks is another fav).
        But please fill me in on any James Bolam info. Can't imagine where the dislike for his co-star originated!

Marabelle
        Last edited by Marabelle; 07-06-2010, 17:37. Reason: poor grammer

Comment

One story I read says that over thirty years ago, James Bolam and his partner were expecting a baby. James was an intensely private person and didn't want the news to get out. But Rodney Bewes managed to let the cat out of the bag. This seemed to spark a long running feud. More recently, there have been disputes recarding DVD rights.

This article is quite interesting:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/me...s-1899057.html

Comment

Sheila Fern was so pretty wasn't she. I would love to know what she is up to these days.

Comment

My Thanks to Marine Boy for the link. Sorry to hear that though...I know actors can take their work very seriously but the past is an important part of everyone's life and I'm sure lots of people would enjoy seeing more of the Likely Lads...it would be like a Last of the Summer Wine thing...2 guys still getting into trouble well in their 70's. Maybe that's why James doesn't want to revisit it. Too bad about Rodney's poverty.

Comment

There were plans to bring back The Likley Lads in the 1990s, but the above problems stopped it from happening.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Loved Sheila in George and Mildred. Very underrated actress, remember her from Sorry too.

Comment

Didn't she do a crest ad in the 70's as well?
                    "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

She also appeared (alongside Peter Duncan, playing his mother, in fact) in Southern Television's "The Flockton Flyer", but only the in first series.

Comment

bit of info i found.

Sheilas other television credits include The Beverly Hillbillies, Paul Temple, Crown Court, East of Ipswich by Michael Palin, Emergency - Ward 10, Walter, Z-Cars and The Avengers. She also played Freddie, a girlfriend of Ronnie Corbett's character Timothy, in Sorry!.Likely Lads writer Ian La Frenais said of her "she was sexy and funny and she knew John Lennon
                        Sheila always found time for everyone, and I now think of her and Audrey with great affection.

sheila was born cctober 3rd 1940 in leicester leicestershire.
                        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I had a crush on her and a poster of her on my bedroom wall
                          sigpic
                          Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I remember her best from her roles in Whatever happened to the Likely Lads? Hadleigh and George and Mildred. Yes, a good-looking lady who always did a nice job in her acting.

Comment

Working...
                            X