• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV Heads-up..Synth Britannia

Don't miss this one..

Synth Britannia Friday 16th October BBC4

YouTube - BBC4 Synth Britannia Trailer

A night of rare footage & new interviews with the stars from the early 80's, and a chance to see your old idols as they are now.. looking like geography teachers (much like the rest of us)

Re: TV Heads-up..Synth Britannia

I'll be there
    Heather

Comment

BTW..Stay tuned, as this just kicks off a full night of archive stuff on BBC4 that night.. set yer Betamax/VHS/HDR, whatever..just enjoy the sound of the Future

Comment

Yeah, I noticed this advertised a few nights ago. It looks like it will be really good .
        Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

Looks like a great night of telly (for a change )
          sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Expect it to be full of inaccuracies, and badly researched. Just like the Soul Britannia series.

Comment

It certainly will.. In fact, most advance reviews have already pointed out it does have some glaring ommissions and the research was appalling.
              Seems most researchers these days are media studies students who were not old enough to even remember the 80's , let alone the 70's.
              Plus an Increasing amount seem to be happy take their info from the Web, which we all know, can be somewhat far from the truth sometimes.
              the vintage footage is all I'm really interested in

Comment

Enjoyed that.. a few iffy dates, but apart from that the facts were correct

Comment

I watched it and found it very enjoyable too, the Oasis crack at the end made me smile
                  Heather

Comment

Yep.. never much of an OMD fan, but they seem like nice chaps and the music does still sound good..
                    must rediscover some...

(Claim to fame.. I have played that actual Mini Moog that Numan was using on TOTP )

Comment

I was blow away by the shear size of some of that equipment then they manage to condense it into a tiny box!! Amazing stuff.
                      Heather

Comment

Sadly, they didn't
                        the huge Modular Moogs did far more than the Mini Moogs did.
                        Bob Moog just took the main synth path (osc- filter-mod-amp) and put it in a smaller case.. however, in doing so, created the template for pretty much every mono/poly synth that followed.
                        Not quite sure why John Foxx pointed out the huge Moog modular, then pointed to the the ARP Odyssey .. he should have pointed out the Mini Moog
                        Last edited by sixtyten; 16-10-2009, 22:53.

Comment

LOL you weren't meant to be watching closely enough to spot that

The Human League got plenty of mentions yet I was left learning not a lot about them, apart from the fact they got their name from a board game!
                          Heather

Comment

Yes.. they failed to even mention Ian Craig Marsh, but then again, the Cabaret Voltaire bits failed to mention either Steven Mallinder or Chris Watson..
                            and I noticed they picked a totally unrepresentive Throbbing Gristle track (Hot On The Heels of Love, the most accessible thing they ever did).. but then I suppose We Hate You Little Girls or Hamburger Lady would be a little TOO much
                            Last edited by sixtyten; 16-10-2009, 23:12.

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
                              Yes.. they failed to even mention Ian Craig Marsh, but then again, the Cabaret Voltaire bits failed to mention either Steven Mallinder or Chris Watson..
                              and I noticed that picked a totally unrepresentive Throbbing Gristle track (Hot On The Heels of Love, the most accessible thing they ever did).. but then I suppose We Hate You Little Girls or Hamburger Lady would be a little TOO much

Just educating myself via youtube Hamburger lady needs adding to the obscure songs thread Its quite spine chilling

We hate you little girls is even worse :cry:
                              Heather

Comment

Working...
                              X