Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardboard Parrot Anybody?....

Hi guys,

Talking yesterday to my husband, I remembered when I was a kid having this thing which was a parrot,made of quite thick cardboard, cut out. It had a long tail and you had to tape a coin to the end of it's tail. Whe the coin was on you could balance it on stuff, like a pencil, your finger etc and it would rock back and forth.

I've looked on Google but alas, no picture. Anyone got a pic or better still actually got one!!??

Tracey
    xxxxxxxxxxxx
    "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
    sigpic

Re: Cardboard Parrot Anybody?....

This is so weird, but I just saw something like that the other day! It was on YouTube - a clip from the BBC show, 'Vision On', where Tony Hart actually made one! I'm sure you could find it easily by searching on YT.

Not sure about an actual toy you could buy though.

Comment

closest thing I can find on Ebay

Pivoting Parrots and other Balancing Models on eBay (end time 29-Oct-09 12:27:39 GMT)

no mention of a coin though
      Attached Files
      Heather

Comment

scroll down a bit and make your own
        Scroll-Saw Problems. Part 3
        Heather

Comment

Pivoting Parrots look great! These ones were popped out of cardboard and you coloured them in yourself I think. They had rounded tails. I'm gonna look on YT... I'll check in with any results!! LOL!
          "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X