Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Biology lessons at school

Default Re: Biology lessons at school

Quote Originally Posted by HG View Post
    I remember the mouse skulls out of owl pellets too.

Watching a video of a woman giving birth, and hearing a lardge bang, turning round I saw one of my class mates flat on her back with her legs straight up in the air after fainting. Fiona Oddy if you read this yes it was you!

Dissecting kidney's and eyes. Turning the eye inside out was too much for me when all this liquid squirted out, it necessitated a quick dash to the toilets.

Ha u can remember her name.ha.
    to be fair the biology lessons i got where not that good.
    when the teachers talked to us about it they looked more embarrassed than us pupils did.
    this is back in the mid eighties.

they covered giving birth but not in great detail.
    i think even now its not much better.

we learnt most things from the playground most if it was not true.
    you know what kids are like regarding that subject.

a

We got a video of a cartoon clockwork man chasing a clockwork woman.

WOW talk about learning you t all you needed to know.

i think teachers where embarrassed to teach it.
    or else they where not allowed to.

in fact i think it confused you more than helping you.

At primary school, we never had any Science Lessons. It was quite similar at Secondary too, though we had Science it was " a bit of every Sceince", so Biology or Physics etc would of all been very basic if at all! and nothing that we could easily learn too. I hated all Sceince's back then - which I guess in turn made me (as I still do believe today), not to believe in Sceince of any type/kind.

I guess I was lucky I got away with missiing so much of it - with changing School's too, though my 2nd Form Tutor was a Sceince Teacher, but he never ever tried to push us to like it which I have an hunch many might of abd do too possibly!

80sChav

I remember dissecting a pig's eye............stuck the scalpel in and I was showered with some black liquid that had the most vile smell........ohhhh yuckkkk ..........the worm was just so much easier

By the time I got to biology in 1998 they stopped doing dissections. But we had great fun anyways. Class clown squirting the teacher with a syringe full of water from the back of the classroom was hilarious!

Of course reproduction was hilarious. I ended up with the highest mark for that in the class test!

sf1378 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rossobantam View Post
    we had a dotty old English teacher, and we all would shine the sunlight off our digital ( ) watches across onto her as she read aloud from a book

Physics was best for me....teacher was sooo funny, always playing practical jokes/taking mick out of the 'odder' kids ...sending kids for 'long weights' etc . He also was into model aircraft & sold kits from his stock room!
    Your Physics teacher sounds funny. Think its a bit off him making fun of the 'odder' kids though. But I guess what he said was funny all the same...I reckon he made a tidy sum from selling Airfix and the like 'on the sly' - doubt it was declared to the Taxman eh?! I can imagine it, going up to him and saying, 'Sir, have you got the Airfix ME 109 set?'

'Yes, I think I have...1.00 to you...'

Richard1978 (I've just realised we may be the same age then if thats your birth date) - did you mean the kids were doing 'Hell - Lowwwww' impressions like the legendary Leslie Phillips?

We did dissections in Biology, around the 1990s prior to the GCSEs, amazing they've abolished it a mere 2 to 3 years after I took my exams in 1995...but then again, GCSE's are a thing of the past now aren't they? We had a Chemistry Teacher called Mr Hughes who had a moustache and a 'bowl cut' haircut and we always used to get him really angry by doing stupid things...I recently saw him running past me the other day too...lol...

Our biology teacher was gorgeous. Long auburn hair and brown eyes. She was from the merseyside area but didn't have a strong accent. She was strict but definately one of the best looking teachers in the school.
    "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

never had to do disections either chav mate.

never did any through my school life.

i had a strong stomach so id have been ok to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sChav View Post
    At primary school, we never had any Science Lessons. It was quite similar at Secondary too, though we had Science it was " a bit of every Sceince", so Biology or Physics etc would of all been very basic if at all! and nothing that we could easily learn too. I hated all Sceince's back then - which I guess in turn made me (as I still do believe today), not to believe in Sceince of any type/kind.

I guess I was lucky I got away with missiing so much of it - with changing School's too, though my 2nd Form Tutor was a Sceince Teacher, but he never ever tried to push us to like it which I have an hunch many might of abd do too possibly!

80sChav

Quote Originally Posted by sf1378 View Post

Richard1978 (I've just realised we may be the same age then if thats your birth date) - did you mean the kids were doing 'Hell - Lowwwww' impressions like the legendary Leslie Phillips?
    It was quite defferent a deepish "hell-oww" that made us laugh.
    The Trickster On The Roof