No announcement yet.

Biology lessons at school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the time I got to biology in 1998 they stopped doing dissections. But we had great fun anyways. Class clown squirting the teacher with a syringe full of water from the back of the classroom was hilarious!

Of course reproduction was hilarious. I ended up with the highest mark for that in the class test!

Comment

Re: Biology lessons at school

Originally posted by rossobantam View Post
      we had a dotty old English teacher, and we all would shine the sunlight off our digital ( ) watches across onto her as she read aloud from a book

Physics was best for me....teacher was sooo funny, always playing practical jokes/taking mick out of the 'odder' kids ...sending kids for 'long weights' etc . He also was into model aircraft & sold kits from his stock room!
      Your Physics teacher sounds funny. Think its a bit off him making fun of the 'odder' kids though. But I guess what he said was funny all the same...I reckon he made a tidy sum from selling Airfix and the like 'on the sly' - doubt it was declared to the Taxman eh?! I can imagine it, going up to him and saying, 'Sir, have you got the Airfix ME 109 set?'

'Yes, I think I have...£1.00 to you...'

Richard1978 (I've just realised we may be the same age then if thats your birth date) - did you mean the kids were doing 'Hell - Lowwwww' impressions like the legendary Leslie Phillips?

We did dissections in Biology, around the 1990s prior to the GCSEs, amazing they've abolished it a mere 2 to 3 years after I took my exams in 1995...but then again, GCSE's are a thing of the past now aren't they? We had a Chemistry Teacher called Mr Hughes who had a moustache and a 'bowl cut' haircut and we always used to get him really angry by doing stupid things...I recently saw him running past me the other day too...lol...

Comment

Our biology teacher was gorgeous. Long auburn hair and brown eyes. She was from the merseyside area but didn't have a strong accent. She was strict but definately one of the best looking teachers in the school.
        "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

never had to do disections either chav mate.

never did any through my school life.

i had a strong stomach so id have been ok to do it.

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
          At primary school, we never had any Science Lessons. It was quite similar at Secondary too, though we had Science it was " a bit of every Sceince", so Biology or Physics etc would of all been very basic if at all! and nothing that we could easily learn too. I hated all Sceince's back then - which I guess in turn made me (as I still do believe today), not to believe in Sceince of any type/kind.

I guess I was lucky I got away with missiing so much of it - with changing School's too, though my 2nd Form Tutor was a Sceince Teacher, but he never ever tried to push us to like it which I have an hunch many might of abd do too possibly!

80sChav
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post

Richard1978 (I've just realised we may be the same age then if thats your birth date) - did you mean the kids were doing 'Hell - Lowwwww' impressions like the legendary Leslie Phillips?
            It was quite defferent a deepish "hell-oww" that made us laugh.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by willpurry View Post
              We got a video of a cartoon clockwork man chasing a clockwork woman.
              youdrawn ?

anyway my wife works in a school and when they give the talk they break the ice by saying "right then lets get all the gigling out the way so lets have all your names for a mans bits" writes them on the board then a womans bits.............it took 40mins last time!

Comment

Biology lessons where something we never really did.
                Think the schools i went to where embarrassed to teach it.

Its something that should have been taught i felt just as important if not more important than some subjects.
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

This subject I was not keen on at all.I found it much harder than Science which was more interesting in my eyes

Comment

Working...
                  X