Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: School Rules

Default Re: School Rules

Quote Originally Posted by marc View Post
    80sChav.....has long has the tie was in a knot, generally, they did not care. I hated the choker, sorry, tie. I did turn up on one occasion without the tie, just to test a certain year heads temper. He didn't bite. I just went home put the tie on and returned to school. Some kids did turn up on the last week or so without the tie. They ignored the detention.
    Interesting yer Marc - thanks for the Heads Up

My first Secondary was like a Cattle Shed and they gave no care to anything of our welfare at all (but I still have great memories of it), but my 2nd was way, way far stricter!

80sChav

Quote Originally Posted by 80sChav View Post
    Interesting yer Marc - thanks for the Heads Up

My first Secondary was like a Cattle Shed and they gave no care to anything of our welfare at all (but I still have great memories of it), but my 2nd was way, way far stricter!

80sChav
    There were some teachers who were very strict. In general, the school I attended was strict. It was during the fourth and fifth years that most of us were fed up. Some of us knew full well we were not going to get good marks for our final exams. We would have been better off if we could have left school at thirteen or fourteen and learned a trade.

Some of the strictest teachers were nothing but a joke to us in the end. One teacher in particular acted like a senior Waffen SS officer. He was strict uniform mad. His inspections during morning assembly were legendary. Clipboard and pen in hand, he would go from line to line inspecting us. Name taken for any uniform infringement. He would have several pages of paper going back weeks with names on, just to check for the last infringement. We swear blind to this day, he was related to Hitler. He did calm it in the last couple of weeks when he realised we no longer cared.
    Who cared about rules when you were young?

Quote Originally Posted by marc View Post
    80sChav.....has long has the tie was in a knot, generally, they did not care. I hated the choker, sorry, tie. I did turn up on one occasion without the tie, just to test a certain year heads temper. He didn't bite. I just went home put the tie on and returned to school. Some kids did turn up on the last week or so without the tie. They ignored the detention.
    At my First Secondary they detested the First Years wearing just the thin part, but 2allowed" older years and at my 2nd they detested every year wearing it just the thin part out

Still (as may-be I have said elswhere on the Forum - but I am unsure due to being well tiered) that I am pleased I took part in the Competition - firast 2 weeks of First Year - when they extremley extremley "tried" to outlaw it and out of my Form - though I never last the whole day I did avoid a defeat in terms of being told to re-tie propery, which considering wat most of the evil brutes in my Year thought of me - that I'd cave in after 3 minutes is far from a 2Hollow Victory2 for me!

80sChav
    Last edited by 80sChav; 01-07-2018 at 22:42.