School Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Strange School Rules

I always wondered why there were two blocks of girl's toilets in my primary school and only one block for boys. You had to go in one block in the first two years then graduate to the other block for the last two years and woe betide if you went in the wrong one!

The toilets had fantastic overhead pipes for swinging on but that was strictly against the rules. We all did it though.
    1976 Vintage

Comment

For a short time, we were not allowed to use Tippex because a student with autism drank a bottle of it.
      Good thing it was non-toxic.

Comment

Originally posted by wispa lover View Post
        For a short time, we were not allowed to use Tippex because a student with autism drank a bottle of it.
        Good thing it was non-toxic.
        I thought it was toxic in the early days. I remember the black cross on the side and people trying to sniff it.
        1976 Vintage

Comment

Hmm, it's strange this at my first Secondary School - which could be erquated to a dive/dump and the Teachers were poor and did'nt care, in the First Year, Second Year (Year 7 and 8 in Today's currency) they made us have a shower after PE and provided lovley warm Towels for us too. Though at my second Secondary School, which had much stricter standards and better Teachers full stop, that when we got to Year 9 and were 13/14 they said showers after PE was our choice! Odd indeed all thing's taken into account I think.
          Last edited by remember; 31-01-2012, 20:26.

Comment

they provided towels not thats odd.

And yet at your secondary school they said showers whhere optional after p.e.
            ID have thought showers should be compulsory after p.e.

What odd schools you went to.
            one school was a dive but yet they provided warm towels.

And the better school which had better teachers said a shower after p.e. was optional.
            what a strange world.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

This is one I found strange too Darren, but I was'nt one to complain! I'd rather get a wash/bath after at home.

Comment

I remember showers at me school were supposed to be compulsery but in effect hardly anyone bothered with them, me included.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Yeah they were get-awayable with most of the time (say 70%) if you was lucky Richard! As was the case with most other School rules too!

Comment

I've posted before about avoiding showers. But thinking back, what was the fuss? Maybe we were all just a bit obsessed with being naked.

Comment

I think the showers thing is all about teenage self conciousness, having played football, rugby (which involved communal baths) and running a lot I swiftly got used to the showering thing and it wasn't and still isn't an issue for me now.
                      The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

We had forced showers. The teacher would sometimes even stand at the end of the shower block to make sure we went in, but most of the time we just stood in our towels and wet our hair under the first shower to get away with it.

Nobody liked those showers. I think it is awful to make kids stand around naked just at the time when hormones are at work and everyone is self conscious. Plus it was a faff getting washed and dried in time for the next lesson. Deodorant alone can hide a multitude of sins.
                        1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                          Nobody liked those showers. I think it is awful to make kids stand around naked just at the time when hormones are at work and everyone is self conscious. Plus it was a faff getting washed and dried in time for the next lesson. Deodorant alone can hide a multitude of sins.
                          Indeed Trickyvee, I agree ...... the times I had wet hair for the net lesson etc, a totail pain!

Comment

i took showers but i always felt nervous and a bit embarrassed being in thei with other naked kids.

I ALWAYS GOT THE TOWEL ROUND ME QUICK.

BUT IM SURE ALL KIDS FEEL SELF CONSCIOUS at that age when taking showers together.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                              i took showers but i always felt nervous and a bit embarrassed being in thei with other naked kids.

I ALWAYS GOT THE TOWEL ROUND ME QUICK.

BUT IM SURE ALL KIDS FEEL SELF CONSCIOUS at that age when taking showers together.
                              Yeah, I know what you mean Darren, but when I was 11/12 I was not like say how I felt at 14/15 and couplle that with the fact we'd just dash in one and straight out!

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
                                Yeah, I know what you mean Darren, but when I was 11/12 I was not like say how I felt at 14/15 and couplle that with the fact we'd just dash in one and straight out!
                                oh i was more comfortable with taking showers with other kids once i was in secondary school.

But in primary school we where all nervous because the teacher stayed there at the entrance to the showers to make sure we had one.
                                if that rule was about now the teacher would be sacked for you know what chav.

Comment

Working...
                                X