Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Strange School Rules

Originally posted by darren View Post
    oh i was more comfortable with taking showers with other kids once i was in secondary school.

But in primary school we where all nervous because the teacher stayed there at the entrance to the showers to make sure we had one.
    if that rule was about now the teacher would be sacked for you know what chav.
    Still I suppose showers have to play some wierd role in PE at School's - whatever people think of there rights and wrongs. I now what you mean, Darren, rightly so too.

Comment

We had this little "planner" diary thing. Every week we had to get our mam or dad or anyone else we could pass off as a relative of some kind to sign it, or we'd be sent to "Isolation" (Where all the delinquent children would go and do no work whilst sucking all the life and enthusiasm out of the poor student teacher they always posted there.) where we got no breaks, no lunch and if we had to go the toilet the teacher had to follow us in. Me and my friends used to swap planners with each other and sign it with some psuedonym or other.

For some reason only known to the school Boys hair could only be between 1 and 3 inches long, and girls no shorter than 10. Perverse system that was checked at least once a week...

We were allowed to the local village for our dinners in year 10 and 11, but we had to eat in view of a member of staff.

And finally, I was never any good at PE and my teachers knew this. So to rub in how rubbish they thought I would be at the Javelin they rolled the tape measure out and stood at the end of the field shouting "Come on then! You haven't got a hope in hell of hitting me! You're rubbish at everything else so at least try for this!". I didn't hit them, but I came close! about 2 yards away from them, throwing 39.7 metres. Following lots of swearing by the teacher, I was banned from field events, relegated to Ping Pong for the rest of years 10 and 11... I think I beat the school record though
      If it's lasted this long, it's worth keeping!

Comment

Originally posted by Llamarama View Post
        We had this little "planner" diary thing. Every week we had to get our mam or dad or anyone else we could pass off as a relative of some kind to sign it, or we'd be sent to "Isolation" (Where all the delinquent children would go and do no work whilst sucking all the life and enthusiasm out of the poor student teacher they always posted there.) where we got no breaks, no lunch and if we had to go the toilet the teacher had to follow us in. Me and my friends used to swap planners with each other and sign it with some psuedonym or other.

For some reason only known to the school Boys hair could only be between 1 and 3 inches long, and girls no shorter than 10. Perverse system that was checked at least once a week...
        This is equl#al to Child Slavery/Child Abuse you having no Lunch Breaks etc - just cos you had not had your planner thingy signed! Crazy in the extremes!!

Comment

We had this little "planner" diary thing. Every week we had to get our mam or dad or anyone else we could pass off as a relative of some kind to sign it, or we'd be sent to "Isolation" (Where all the delinquent children would go and do no work whilst sucking all the life and enthusiasm out of the poor student teacher they always posted there.) where we got no breaks, no lunch and if we had to go the toilet the teacher had to follow us in. Me and my friends used to swap planners with each other and sign it with some psuedonym or other.For some reason only known to the school Boys hair could only be between 1 and 3 inches long, and girls no shorter than 10. Perverse system that was checked at least once a week...We were allowed to the local village for our dinners in year 10 and 11, but we had to eat in view of a member of staff.And finally, I was never any good at PE and my teachers knew this. So to rub in how rubbish they thought I would be at the Javelin they rolled the tape measure out and stood at the end of the field shouting "Come on then! You haven't got a hope in hell of hitting me! You're rubbish at everything else so at least try for this!". I didn't hit them, but I came close! about 2 yards away from them, throwing 39.7 metres. Following lots of swearing by the teacher, I was banned from field events, relegated to Ping Pong for the rest of years 10 and 11... I think I beat the school record though
          What was the name of that school? Colditz?.......................................... .......................If i had been kept in there with no lunch my dad would have been down there the next day and most teachers at the school i went to were scared of him-the deputy head for instance..He was 6ft 5 and strongly built.(My dad not the deputy head)

Comment

This is barbaric I think Llamarama, no kid should be subjected to this, whatever they've done wrong or not done wrong. This just show's what school's "think they are" and how the pendulem can swing to either a good or bad extreme (kids ruling etc or the Teachers being "strict as")!

Comment

It was ****, but the school always got super strict around ofstead inspection time. I didn't enjoy school much. The worst thing was (not to bring a downer on the tread) I used to get bullied every day by the same bunch of kids. The school always said "Talk about your issues with the bullies and work it out like that!" obviously this didn't work. I remember the day very very clearly. March the 14th 2005. It was a Monday and there was a rumour going round that one of the year 10s was going to try and smash my head through a window. By morning break they were trying just that. I struggled with them and they got a hold of my neck and started to squeeze. I couldnt breath, and it was almost like the colour was drainign from everything, it went very pale. So I did the only thing i could and bit him on the wrist. Didn't draw blood but I left a hell of a bruise. He ley go and smacked my head off a wall then walked off.

Before I knew it I was whisked off into the headmasters office where he was, sitting down and just grinning at me. I was yelled at by the head for "Biting another pupil with no provocation." He said he was thinking about getting the police involved for this "Violent act of bullying". I absolutely lost it. I ran crying my eyes out all the way home, and that was 12 miles away. Spent the next week, crying, paranoid that they were coming to get me. The PTA were called, the social workers were called. They talked about therapy and special schools but it all came to nothing. The school apparently told the social worker to pretend that everything was alright, as the ofsted inspectors were in that week. I could never forgive them for that. That was the week where I had to grow up, very quickly. I'm still paranoid about it today. Hearing laughter in public places sets me off on panic attacks.

SCHOOL! - The best days of your lives! Nope, not me. Best time of my life was from when I was 16 to 19. 3 long years of non stop parties, road trips, adventures, days by the beach and other fun! Can't beat those days!

Comment

This sounds evil, you have my sympothy's. Rules at School for me are only rules as far (or to what degree the School dicates them) then they are not rules! This is the sad situation of School's now I feel/think.

Comment

I'd best not name names, to protect the innocent. Like my old chemistry teacher who accidentally burned out a fume cupboard showing us thermite! And was Welsh!

Comment

I can also recall that my first Secondarey had that big bags like Badminton ones were not allowed! Ok yeah one or two idiots (that every School has) like a so-called friend I had used the said bag's to their advantagfe as kids do. My point is though what if you are a Badminton Player or you've loads of Sports Kit in your bag ....

Most School's Lockers are'nt worth the metal they are made from or whatever they are made from and even if they were ... are they secure?!! I doubt that, so you have to transport the said bag around all day in a way I feel, though it contravines School Rules and may-be Health & Safety even today now sadly too!

Comment

There was another one too, we had to at my School's - have our bag's in a proper bag that was sterdy etc etc. As well for PE you had to have a seperate bag (which made sense/mkaees sense) but it could not be a Shop type bag with drawstrings on like from a Sports Shop or say Next etc! How crazy was this ... ideal for wet swimming stuff i'd think or smelly sportswear.

Comment

We never seemed to have a bag size limit Used to see kids going round with bags physically bigger than themselves! In primary school we always used to have to wear verucca socks and swimming caps for swimming lessons, goggles weren't allowed and if you were a boy you had to wear trunks... Sort of makes sense now, but when we were only 8 we couldn't get our heards around them!

Comment

We never seemed to have a bag size limit Used to see kids going round with bags physically bigger than themselves! In primary school we always used to have to wear verucca socks and swimming caps for swimming lessons, goggles weren't allowed and if you were a boy you had to wear trunks... Sort of makes sense now, but when we were only 8 we couldn't get our heards around them!

Yeah that's another good one ... for Swimming we had to wear Trunks, not even Shorts (be them Bermuda Shorts or whatever). Now I hear School's even dictate the Colour of Football Boots!

Comment

I remember the day very very clearly. March the 14th 2005.
                            Are you sure?
                            The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

We were allowed to the local village for our dinners in year 10 and 11, but we had to eat in view of a member of staff.

And finally, I was never any good at PE and my teachers knew this. So to rub in how rubbish they thought I would be at the Javelin they rolled the tape measure out and stood at the end of the field shouting "Come on then! You haven't got a hope in hell of hitting me! You're rubbish at everything else so at least try for this!". I didn't hit them, but I came close! about 2 yards away from them, throwing 39.7 metres. Following lots of swearing by the teacher, I was banned from field events, relegated to Ping Pong for the rest of years 10 and 11... I think I beat the school record though
                              Some very odd rules here mate.
                              thet eachers acrtually said you where rubbish at everything.WOW.
                              i never had rules saying how long are hair could be.
                              We sure never had a planner.

But yes i can remember the teacher following me if i had to go to the toilet that made me feel strange and uneasy.
                              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Sure enough to remember what happened, not enough to remember if I had shreddies or coco pops for breakfast. But yeah, I remember the rough course of the day which is quite good for me, as I usually can't remember what I did yesterday

Comment

Working...
                                X