Broadcasting for Schools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broadcasting for Schools

Can anubody remember those delighful programmes we use to watch throughout the 70's,all made especially for children.Here is a nice site listing them and the dates and times they were on:

BroadcastForSchools.co.uk - BroadcastForSchools.co.uk

Here are a couple of the sites links,to give you a fair idea of what you can discover on the site.

Schedules/Spring 1974 - BroadcastForSchools.co.uk

Look and Read - BroadcastForSchools.co.uk

Merry Go Round - BroadcastForSchools.co.uk

I remember a little series shown on Merry Go Round called: The Raven and the Cross.It was about King Alfred defeating the Vikings.The story revolved around a young girl being smuggled to Alfreds camp by her nanny,through the fields and woods of england.She helps King Alfred defeat the Vikings.
    Does anybody remember this small series? I would love it if it was released on DVD.

Re: Broadcasting for Schools

Very detailed site,great for reference.
    Thanks
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

*falls over in a dead faint*

Thanks so much for the links, moonvisage! There have been threads on schools tele previously on this site, and I've always been a happy contributor, but I'd never before come across the site you linked to. It's amazing...and at last, a 'Scene' episode list!

*dances*

Comment

moonvisage,

Had you come across two wonderful CDs that contain the signature tunes to a number of old schools programmes like 'My World' and 'Seeing and Doing'? Girl in a Suitcase and Watch with Teacher

Girl in a Suitcase: Upgraded: Various Artists: Amazon.co.uk: Music
        Last edited by Marine Boy; 16-10-2009, 22:12.

Comment

There was a series we used to watch every week at school designed to help you read and spell.
          It was about a blond boy who landed from outer space, he could not speak so would write everything down, but no one could understand the meaning.
          Then someone discovered he was writing everything down backwards and it could be deciphered using a mirror.
          I used to love this program and couldn't wait to see the next episode the following week, cant recall what it was called though.
          It was on sometime in the late 60s early 70s.
          Anyone remember it?

Comment

The Boy From Space

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS8NwPwh1ZE
            Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
              The Boy From Space

YouTube - The Boy From Space
              Great! thanks huggie brings back great memories.

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
                moonvisage,

Had you come across two wonderful CDs that contain the signature tunes to a number of old schools programmes like 'My World' and 'Seeing and Doing'? Girl in a Suitcase and Watch with Teacher

Girl in a Suitcase: Upgraded: Various Artists: Amazon.co.uk: Music

Thank you Marine Boy.That is a really unique CD,i never would have thought it would have been made.I may have to buy that.

Comment

Working...
                X