Best gig you have ever seen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best gig you ever seen?

Seen Muse live a few times, they take some beating as a live act, Shed Seven live (Rick Witter knows how to interact with the crowd), Gallows live at a pub in Barnsley for a small venue they were brilliant, James live always sound like they do on record, saw Kasabian at Sheffield Arena last December they were awesome, but for me it has to be Placebo at M E N Arena, Manchester, Dec 2006 the finale of 20 Years extended version was brilliant.

Biggest regret is that I would have loved to have seen The SMITHS live.
    Last edited by spuggybridge; 28-01-2012, 17:45. Reason: missed out Kasabian at Sheffield Arena last year

Comment

Bob Dylan at Hammersmith Odeon Feb 1990......awesome!!!........was sat next to a guy who was recording it for a bootleg aswell...........lots of sign language

Comment

The Rolling Stones For me,Bridges to Babylon Tour 1998.
        Absolutely Fantastic

Comment

Billy Ocean last year at Epcot. I saw that he was playing there when we were on holiday and thought it'd be a laugh to hear his 80s tunes. The Mrs didn't have a clue who he was. We found out at the gig that he wasn't exactly a has-been, he'd made enough dosh from 'When the going gets tough' in particular he had decided to quit working to raise his kids. His daughter was a singer, she was in his band, and he was playing to help get her started. After twenty years of not performing, he loved being on stage and it was amazing to join in with his enthusiasm. A brilliant voice, didn't take his cheesy hits too seriously (he spent a lot of 'get out of my dreams get into my car' laughing his head off, and he had a photo taken with me holding my 1yr old daughter. After not knowing who he was the Mrs always has his tunes on in the car now!

Considering my usual type of music is 70s punk, saying that Billy Ocean is my favorite gig is quite something!
          I collect game prices for retro consoles from eBay

Comment

Kraftwerk 1981

Comment

I have not been to too many gig's really, but the 2 i'll nominate are Wet Wet Wet and Boyzone both in the mid or late 90s! Wet Wet Wet were the best from the 2 by a "Country Mile" though, not that i'm saying Boyzone were popor - far from it, they were very good but of course they'd only began in the mid 90s (1994/1995) I think, so you can not expect miracles compared to a group that's being going 5/10 years I think.

I think they did 2 encores, truly amazing indeed and top quality they were too. For me (though i've always liked Wet wet Wet), they summed up the 80-s with hit after hit just like the Pet Shop Boy's but beyond into the mid 90s too. This somehow just made the gig so amazing and special.
              Last edited by 80sChav; 17-02-2012, 21:26.

Comment

Ah, WetnWetnWet! Remember the old joke, what was Marti Pellows last hit?..... heroin! Wonder what the other three do nowadays, they must have made good cash from their famous hits
                I collect game prices for retro consoles from eBay

Comment

Madonna - Who's That Girl World Tour at Wembley Stadium was my first ever and best ever concert. I was 14 and it was just fantastic! Seen loads and loads of people since. Another stand out concert was The Pretenders. They supported bryan Adams at Gateshead stadium. He was good but the pretenders were fantastic. Squeeze were supporting him too. A great night!
                  Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Billy Ocean last year at Epcot. I saw that he was playing there when we were on holiday and thought it'd be a laugh to hear his 80s tunes. The Mrs didn't have a clue who he was. We found out at the gig that he wasn't exactly a has-been, he'd made enough dosh from 'When the going gets tough' in particular he had decided to quit working to raise his kids. His daughter was a singer, she was in his band, and he was playing to help get her started. After twenty years of not performing, he loved being on stage and it was amazing to join in with his enthusiasm. A brilliant voice, didn't take his cheesy hits too seriously (he spent a lot of 'get out of my dreams get into my car' laughing his head off, and he had a photo taken with me holding my 1yr old daughter. After not knowing who he was the Mrs always has his tunes on in the car now!

Considering my usual type of music is 70s punk, saying that Billy Ocean is my favorite gig is quite something!
                    I cant abide his 80's stuff. But the man made some fantastic soul songs in the late 70's: Love Really Hurts Without You, Red Light Spells Danger.....

Comment

Page and Plant SECC 1995
                      Rolling Stones Hampden 2006

Comment

Originally posted by themilkman View Post
                        Kraftwerk 1981
                        Wow, that sounds good from here,
                        I would have loved to have seen them back in the day.

Comment

The Stranglers, Newcastle city hall, 1982 or 83.

Comment

Best ever for me was Madness at Finsbury Park in 1996 - Simply because it was boiling hot summers day loads of Ska Bands on before and watched England V Spain in Euro 96 on the Big screens before hand (England won on Pens - That alone made it a special day).

Just one of those days that will live with me forever

Also saw the Prodigy at the roadmender in northampton around 1992 ish before they were well know - Very very good !!!
                            Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

Madness Bloody Amazing they were

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Re: Best gig you have ever seen?

Best funk/soul,
                                James Brown or Funkadelic.

Best rock/punk
                                Fugazi or Bad Brains.

Best hip hop
                                De La Soul, Beastie Boys or Biz Markie.

Best DJ
                                Q-Bert.

I'm sure not to the taste of many a member here, but some amazing live acts none the less.
                                Also, my organisation Strictly Business put on some pretty awesome live shows.
                                We recently had Lords Of The Underground & Jeru The Damaja if anyone here knows who they are. They tore the roof off.

Comment

Working...
                                X