Best gig you have ever seen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best gig you have ever seen?

Late 90s. Howard Jones doing a small gig at The Hobbit in Southampton...he was one of my 80s idols and I actually had a conversation with him after the gig...he is very intelligent and friendly!

Comment

Porcupine Tree is the best gig I've ever been to. Joe satriani in second place.

Comment

Originally posted by kasey11 View Post
        Porcupine Tree is the best gig I've ever been to. Joe satriani in second place.
        Have you ever seen this Kasey?............is that the guitarist from PT?

Comment

No I haven't seen this before. Yep, Steven Wilson (genius) and the keyboardist from PT. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by kasey11 View Post
            No I haven't seen this before. Yep, Steven Wilson (genius) and the keyboardist from PT. Thanks for sharing.
            No problem

Comment

i haven't been to any gigs in the 80s or 90s cos i was still a kid lol

best gig i have been to though was Blink 182 in Glasgow, last year, AMAZING!

Comment

Prince. Maine Road Manchester ........... best
                Marvin Gaye ... Apollo Manchester 2nd best
                I know it wasn't asked but worst was David Sylvian ... Apollo Manchester
                One I wished I had ... Queen

Comment

Oh and Edwin Starr was pretty cool ......... all dayer after an all nighter at Wigan ......... sprung dance floor at the Ritz, Mcr again !!!

Comment

I've seen dozens of bands, but the one that sticks in my mind is the late, great Ronnie James Dio at Hammersmith. What a voice ! The other reason I picked this one is that my son was at this gig with me. Father and son both enjoying an HM gig wonder how often that happens ?

Comment

Guns n' Roses at Milton Keynes bowl 1993...Epic!

Also a good one was The Stones at Sheffield Don Valley 1995 Voodoo Lounge tour.

Comment

For me it's definitely seeing Level 42 in the o2 Academy in Glasgow on October 18th 2012.
                        01-811-8055 - Swap Shop

Comment

My first ever gig was The Thompson Twins at the Glasgow Apolo 1984 and although I had no benchmark they were still amazing, saw The Smiths at Glasgow Barrowlands twice and the atmosphere was electric. Another one that stands out for sheer excellence was Madonna's Blond Ambition Tour at Wembley in 1990, what a lady!

Comment

Queen @ Slane Castle (Ireland) July 1986 (I was just 16). Supporting acts Fountainhead (Irish band, didn't know their songs), The Bangles (sounded like they were miming) & Chris Rea (boring as F&*k), but then Freddie came on...................

Comment

Wishbone Ash at Bath Pavilion in 1977. They were as impressed with us as we were with them. They said we were a great bunch of rockers after a second encore.
                              "Even nostalgia is not what it used to be"

Comment

Originally posted by goodbyetomaria View Post
                                Wishbone Ash at Bath Pavilion in 1977. They were as impressed with us as we were with them. They said we were a great bunch of rockers after a second encore.
                                Keith Buck is with Talon now an Eagles tribute band

Comment

Working...
                                X