Best gig you have ever seen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best gig you have ever seen?

Ive been to quite a few concerts but the best ever has got to be the Who.
    We seen them at a festival near liverpool a couple of years ago after years of wanting to see them.
    Most of the bands on before them were ****, it was ******* down and we were freezing but when the who came on we forgot it all and didn't care. From the opening to the end the whole show was fantastic, a great powerhouse of a performance from the whole band and when they played 'wont get fooled again' it just blew us way, we love it.
    Definitely the best live band ever.
    Would love to see them again someday.

Re: Best gig you ever seen?

saw them on their 25th anniversary tour at NEC, 1989 IIRC....incredible night!
    Their 1970 Isle of Wight festival perfomances are on youtube...stunning! 700,000 crowd
    They performed all of 'Tommy'...end bit here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH7wL...rom=PL&index=9
    Daltrey's incredible singing on See Me Feel Me
    sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Damien Rice...
      http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI6CuX3vYv0
      "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

The Who are a fantastic group, sadly I've not seen them live. Although i have seen "Quadrophenia the rock opera" and that was a fantastic show. As a massive Steve Harley fan, i have to say he is the best artist I've seen live, A very underrated artist in my eyes. But the best concert I've been to was to see James on there farewell tour back in December 2001. A rocking night at wembley arena. The place was absolutely heaving and i never stopped or sat down all night.
        I also saw The Proclaimers live in there homeland of Scotland. Another stunning night
        WHO'S THE TART?

Comment

hold on, hold on.. i cant believe i forgot this one.... i saw the late, great, music god Roy Orbison. It was way back, i cant remember when but it was with my Mum, Dad couldn't make it so i went with her, it was at Oxford and the support was someone called Sydney Divine, who was a country singer from Scotland. how on earth did i forget. apologies to fans of the big O
          WHO'S THE TART?

Comment

Has to be for me James Taylor Cardiff CIA June 2009,he was awsome

Comment

The best concert I went to was to see Elkie Brooks in Manchester in 1989. It was my 40th birthday and it rounded off a great family day out. She sang all my favourite songs and was tremendous. I've seen her several times since but not as good as that concert. She is reverting back to jazz a bit now and I hate jazz.

Another concert I enjoyed was Genesis supported by Paul Young, Roundhay Park Leeds in the 80s. I took my 13 year old son as he loved Genesis. What a great day out.
              The people of Oman don't like the Flintstones but the people of Abu Dhabi do!

Comment

Transvision Vamp supported by Propaganda at Salford Uni in 1985. I had the best time i've ever had at a gig. Both bands were awesome and the venue was perfect. Great atmosphere.
                "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

The Best I've experienced was Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band the first time I saw them @ Birmingham NEC 7th July 1981. It was an epiphany for me.

Comment

the best gig (of the 1980`s) i attended was U2 at milton keynes bowl during the unforgetable fire tour it went under the banner of "the longest day " U2 were good in those days not the over rated trash they are now and at that time Bono had nt started to kiss his own bottom as much

as well as the headliners the bill featured, billy bragg- spear of destiny- the faith brothers(who were a very under rated and little known band)- R.E.M (when michael stipe had a poodle on his head instead of missing hair as is the case now) they spent the whole of their set being pelted with bottles (filled with a familiar yellow liquid ) and THE RAMONES !!!!
                    it rained all day, the arena was a mud pit but it was a great day
                    ....its a real shame u2 are so poor now days

Comment

The best gig I ever saw, was in 1972 at The Liverpool Empire Theatre. And the band?..................The Rolling Stones. I have been to hundreds of concerts, but this was by far the best.

Comment

Back in my school days, it would have to be legendary French prog-rockers Ange at Guildford Civic in 1976. I bootlegged the concert on a portable cassette recorder and still have my cherished tape.

In recent times, I'd be hard pushed to vote against this summer's High Voltage festival in Victoria Park. Emerson Lake and Palmer, Uriah Heep, Wishbone Ash, Marillion, Focus etc. all on the same bill! Sheer 70's prog-rock bliss!

Comment

Kool And The Gang about 1974 in Dunstable. Fantastic!
                          sigpic
                          'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

rainbow-live at ingliston highland showground {edinburgh} 1979 supported by the following bands
                            boston-full show including church organ
                            talking heads

Comment

ac/dc - live at edinburgh caley cinema 1976 {recorded show on old tape recoder myself and still cherish it} the whole place bounced.
                              status quo-live glasgow apollo 1975..this was the gig they used for the double live album quo live 1976
                              led zeppelin-live at knebworth 1978
                              the who-live at edinburgh playhouse 1982..yes they actually played this small venue,, the stones played same place 2 nights earlier

Comment

Working...
                              X