1970's Sindy Dolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1970's Sindy Dolls

My sister had that Kitchen Cafe, number 15.

It have with lots of fiddly bits & pieces, which went everywhere when my brother was doing some putting practice & had a stray shot!
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I never had a Sindy but I did have a Tressy doll (circa 1965/69) -
      I thought it was the best! Very similar to Sindy. I remember you used to be able to buy outfits for the dolls instead of buying dolls in different outfits as seems the norm these days. Tressy and Sindy could mix and match their clothes as they were moreorless the same size doll - my Tressy had lots of Sindy outfits. The big thing about Tressy was her hair. If you pressed a button on her tummy you could pull a section of her hair on the top of her head and it would grow really long in length (easily to her knees.) I used to twist my Tressy doll's hair extension into a 'topknot' on the top of her head. Unfortunately, the only way of getting her hair back into her head was to wind it in with a plastic flat key that fitted into her back. If you lost the key - which I often did, dad would come to the rescue with a screwdriver! Oh happy days!!

While we're on the subject of doll's, does any one remember having an 'Amanda Jane' doll. I had one with several outfits but the 'bestest' outfit of all was her 'Brownie' outfit as it came complete with a 'tammy shanta' hat & a little 'crisscross' yellow neck tie, just like the one I wore for Brownies

Comment

Originally posted by Shirl View Post
        I remember having a TRACY DOLL her hair use to grow, you had to pull her hair from a hole in the top of her head to bring it down to look longer, OUCH:cry: but i am going really back in time.
        The Low Country was just saying her Tressy doll had a hole in her head that would grow. Was it one of those you had? My 'Goldilocks' doll wasn't one of those, she was bigger.
        Check out this old ad for the Tressy doll, the beginning of it shows her hair growing....I would've loved one of those
        YouTube - Tressy has HATS! HATS! HATS! Commercial

Comment

Here's a 1976 "Brownie" Doll by Burbank Toys

Comment

Originally posted by ann22 View Post
            The Low Country was just saying her Tressy doll had a hole in her head that would grow. Was it one of those you had? My 'Goldilocks' doll wasn't one of those, she was bigger.
            Check out this old ad for the Tressy doll, the beginning of it shows her hair growing....I would've loved one of those
            YouTube - Tressy has HATS! HATS! HATS! Commercial
            Oh Yeah! Just checked out the YouTube link. Memories flood back.
            I had the blonde Tressy and I STILL HAVE THE FIRST CURLERS shown in the clip. Sadly, my Tressy has long gone :cry: Can't say I remember having any hats in particular though.

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
              Here's a 1976 "Brownie" Doll by Burbank Toys

Hi, similar but not the same. My Amanda Jane was probably nearler to 1967 then 1976. The doll in the picture looks similar in size and she had the 'crisscross' neck tie but I can't see a pack badge on her tunic and it looks like she has a knitted bobble type hat on. AJ's was made of brown felt. I've still got her in the loft I'll have to dig her out and take a closer look. Don't know the makers name.

Comment

An Amanda Jane would have this across the back..

Comment

An Amanda Jane would have this across the back..

Yep I remember she definitely has AJ written on her back but I think it's nearer the nape of her neck and in smaller fancier writing but I can't be sure. Will dig her out tomorrow and have good look. I know she has brown hair and originally came in a little pink babydoll outfit. The brownie outfit was bought for her. Think I may only have one brown shoe (if any,) no socks. I'm pretty sure I still have the tammy and the brownie dress but can't remember if i still have the belt that went with it, don't think I have the yellow tie anymore either :cry:

Comment

Here she is..

Comment

Here she is..

Whoop Whoop! The very one but I've got to say mine has darker shoes and prettier hair, my dolls hair is curled forward around her face. I notice this one has lost her belt (the belt on mine was about the same lightbrown/tan of the shoes in the pic) I think i loved her so much because i was a 'Little People' in the brownies and the emblem is practically the same as the one on her tunic.

Comment

Working...
                      X