1970's Sindy Dolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1970's Sindy Dolls

My first Sindy was a 'Funtime Sindy'. She was blonde and had a blue swimsuit on, think I was 5 yrs old. My next was an 'Active Sindy' - a blonde ballerina with flexible arms and legs. I had a white satin wedding dress with a hat with pink roses around the rim for her (I was mildly disappointed it didn't come with a veil)..the next one I had as a brunette 'Active Sindy' ballerina doll that came with a chocolate brown dress with flowers on it. Each of these dolls had an elastic band around their necks where their hair curled around and tucked under. All their outfits came with shoes that to my frustration used to fall off easily.
    I had a wardrobe and bed with a blue duvet in a time where no one had duvets just three or four blankets. My Sindys had lovely faces, their eyes were always looking to the side for some reason. The other dolls of that era were Pippa, Tiny Tears, Teeny Tiny Tears and of course Barbie. None were a patch on my Sindy dolls though.

Re: 1970's Sindy Dolls

I only ever owned one sindy doll,when she first came out about 1965 I think.She wore a red stripe top jeans and white pumps,she was a brunette.This was a birthday present,the following christmas I got her red sports car,Paul her boyfriend can,t remember his outfit though.
    I also remember getting a Tressey doll think she might have been a british version,of the barbie didn,t think she hit it off that well,she was a blonde and wore and aqua color dress when I got her.

Comment

Just looked up the Tressy doll, here she is. Very similar to Sindy with her eyes looking sideways.

Remember Pippa? She was pocket sized with lovely long hair. A friend of my sister's gave me one she'd grown out of, I remember she wore a long dress that had a silver boob tube top and a turquoise bottom. I played with her for ages. Here's Pippa...

Comment

My first sindy was a sindy ballerina.
        I thought she was beautiful, she came in white fishnet tights, a pink tutu,a simple white top and of course her ballet shoes.
        Heather

Comment

I remember having a TRACY DOLL her hair use to grow, you had to pull her hair from a hole in the top of her head to bring it down to look longer, OUCH:cry: but i am going really back in time.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirl View Post
            I remember having a TRACY DOLL her hair use to grow, you had to pull her hair from a hole in the top of her head to bring it down to look longer, OUCH:cry: but i am going really back in time.
            I remember having a doll I absolutely loved, it would've been early to mid 70s, she had platinum blonde hair, short all over but there was a hole in the back of her head where hair used to grow from when you'd twist a knob in her back. I called her Goldilocks, I wonder was she the Tracy doll you remember?

Comment

Actually my second Sindy was a 'lovely lively Sindy'then the 3rd and 4th were from the 'active' ballerina range.
              Active Sindy

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

I named my Sindy as a ballerina but after seeing these pictures, she was the "Active Sindy"

I also had the shower pictured above!
                        Heather

Comment

She does not even feature for a few years in the books I have, but she makes a hideous made-over return in the Argos 89 book

Comment

I think she was trying to give Barbie a run for her money by then! :cry: (looks a right chav)
                            Heather

Comment

The bed with the blue duvet and the white wardrobe in Sixtyten's post was the one I had...oh my God the memories. I think the old Sindy was much nicer than the remodelled version, not such a hussy.

Comment

Working...
                              X