Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Card games

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post

Here are some card games I still have from the 70s. The Space 1999 one is undated, but I'm guessing it's late 70s. The Fred Bassett pack is 1977. The Happy Families one is also undated though I suspect it's early 70s.
    I had that pack of Happy Families MB!

You wouldn't believe how many kids I work with have never played board games or simple card games. They are such good ways of sharpening basic maths abilities!
    "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jacqueline View Post
      I had that pack of Happy Families MB!
      Gave me hours of fun as a kid. 'Animal Snap', 'Old Maid', 'Donkey' and 'Golden Egg' were in the same series. I had them all at one time, but alas, 'Happy Families' is the only one that survives.

Comment

kids nowadays really are missing out,i can remember playing all sorts of board games from scrabble,to trivial pursuit,connect 4,,snakes and ladders etc for hrs and hrs every day for weeks and yrs.

great fun and they are educational as well as good fun.

we really did have the best of it growing up in so many ways.
        em sure members do agree.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Tulip, for the clock game, place 4 cards in each pile marking out the clock and then the last 4 cards place in the middle, take the first card to begin from the middle and any kings you get go in the middle, then take another from the pile in the centre if you get a king!.

I liked playing patience, clock, snap and elevenses!..

Such a shame that many children this day and age don't play card games as we all remember they were such fun, and family could join in too!.

Comment

My favourite card game has been Tarot, since buying a modern Tarot pack complete with rules on a whim in France around 25 years ago. It's like a more fun and picturesque version of Bridge and probably a bit easier to learn.

Comment

I bought a Tarot deck in France in 1989, thinking they were going to be those fortune telling cards.

I've still got them, the ones numbered 1-21 are very nicely designed, even if I've never worked out how to use them.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Here's a copy of Tarot rules in English: http://www.pagat.com/tarot/frtarot.html
                It's a very popular after-dinner game in France which, having a French wife, I'm please to have played a great many times with her and her family over the years.

Comment

Working...
                X