Music Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music Box

I remember very well that in the mid-80's, Yorkshire TV used to broadcast through the night by showing stuff from the cable music channel 'Music Box'. In doing so, it became the first terrestrial channel to go 24-hrs. I used to love Music Box - it came on about midnight and ended around 6am and there was many a time my mates and I would stay up watching it all night and having a good old perv over the presenter, Amanda Redington. Wow - did I have a crush on her or what?

It was such a novelty to have 24-hr TV, especially when it was dedicated to music.

Anybody else have memories of Music Box and Amanda Redington? I'm sorry if this only applies to Yorkshire viewers as I am not aware that it was shown on any other regional tv network, but it could have been?
    Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Re: Music Box

It was certainly shown on Cable TV down in the South. It was on Super Channel.
    I remember watching it when Nino Firetto was presenting it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxu03_zvFvY

Awesome Mullet!

Last edited by sixtyten; 19-10-2009, 17:11.

Comment

I don't think Granada ever showed it when they went 24 hour, but I remember America's Top 10 being something me, & my brother & Dad videoed & watched a lot.

There were quite a few acts I saw on it long before they had a hit over here.

I mainly remember Nino Firetto presenting Splash.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

OMG, yes, I remember Music Box, we had it as part of our Cable service. I know I still have some old music videos that I taped from there, really weird stuff, one hit wonders, lol.

Bev x

Comment

Originally posted by Kiop View Post
          I would stay up watching it all night and having a good old perv over the presenter, Amanda Redington. Wow - did I have a crush on her or what?
          Looking like this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2220450196_35c8732ff5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	259405

Comment

Yep - looking like that. Swoon!
            Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiop View Post
              Yep - looking like that. Swoon!
              Oh yes!

Comment

I remember watching "The Power Hour" it was the only place you could see rock and metal videos. It was usually on about 2am so I used to video it.

Comment

Working...
                X