Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First song you remember hearing and where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First song you remember hearing and where?

My first was January February by Barbara Dixon, playing on the radio at home. I would have been 4.
    1976 Vintage

Comment

I think mine is Save Your Kisses For Me by The Brotherhood of Man from 1976, I would have been 5.
      The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

It was 'Eye Level' (also known as the theme to 'Van Der Valk') by The Simon Park Orchestra/Jack Trombey. I can't have been more than about 2 or 3.
        "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Originally posted by Austin Maxi View Post
          It was 'Eye Level' (also known as the theme to 'Van Der Valk') by The Simon Park Orchestra/Jack Trombey. I can't have been more than about 2 or 3.
          This tune also features heavily in my memories. I can't remember Van Der Valk but I must have had my ears open to the theme tune and I think Tyne Tees TV might have used it as incidental music too so I heard it quite frequently.
          1976 Vintage

Comment

Not so much a song as the theme tune to Coronation Street. I would have been probably 4 or 5, and the memory has stuck with me ever since.

Comment

Concrete And Clay by Unit 4+2.
              I was 5 and remember this being played a lot on holiday at a caravan site in Dawlish.
              sigpic
              'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

My White Bicycle by Nazareth. I would have only been about 4.
                Oh to be a kid again with a can of Top Deck on a hot summer day, now that would be good.

Comment

I think it was "goodbye yellow brick road" by Elton John when I was on my way to nursery in Atherton somewhere!

Comment

Mr Blue Sky by ELO I think, and Save your kisses for me froom the Brotherhood of man. I still lisen to hem both today

Comment

One of mt earliest memories of music maybe when I was in my dads lorry going past the Mercedes clock approaching London...Forever Autumn- Justin Heyward.
                      In the house it was usually Roy Orbison and Gene Vincent. (early 70s)
                      Frame.
                      "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Oh, dear I can go back way beyond these so I'd better not say.
                        The people of Oman don't like the Flintstones but the people of Abu Dhabi do!

Comment

I remember thinking when I was little that "Tie a yellow ribbon" was the first pop song ever!
                          sigpic

Comment

Here some I'll found over the last years

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5tPU...eature=related lamour et blue.. I found this in the states asking a fellow in music shop and i hummed, had to his wife and hummed over telephone and she new it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nze8B39OB0k Carnival is over

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEY4LxORCeo&feature=fvw Yesterday

http://www.123video.nl/playvideos.asp?MovieID=397105 little peace of heaven

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE3_N...eature=related no more corn

Comment

Thinking about it hard, and it's definitely this....

It was one of those occasions I remember the whole family - me, mum, brother and sister - watching Top of the Pops on our 'portable' (it was huge, you'd have to be Geoff Capes to find it portable) Grundig B an W TV. I just remember my brother and sister laughing hysterically at Ron Mael on keyboards, I don't think anyone had seen anything like him before. I think I assumed this was a comedy group like the Goodies and I defintely thought the singer was a girl. I was four.

Comment

Do have distinct memories of Petula singing this on Top of the Pops......

In glorious B&W of course...

Comment

Working...
                                X