Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First song you remember hearing and where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First song you remember hearing and where?

Used to mime the following songs with my basin haircut:
    Brown girl in the ring.Boney M.
    King has lost his crown.Abba.
    Any Gary Glitter.
    The Bachelors.
    Who would be a child?

Comment

I was 12 in 1971 and that Summer i used to love lying on the back lawn listening to radio 1 and diddy David Hamilton in the afternoon,at 3pm he did a spot called everything stop for tea and he played 2 or 3 records with out interuption.One of the records was Seaside Shuffle by Terry Dactyl .That was also the first record i ever bought (40p from Rumbelows) and i still have it now.Great memories and happy times.

Comment

the first song i remember hearing was the sound of silence on a 8 track in my dads car, which was a vauxhall from the 60's.

Comment

Something's Gotten Hold of My Heart - Gene Pitney was the first song I remember moving me but it was years before I could track down what it was called and who'd sung it, & Mellow Yellow - Donovan. Both from 1967, I would have been 6/7 years old. Brings back memories of my Nan dressing me and my brother by the fireplace which had a radio permanently tuned to Radio Caroline on it. I remember my Nan & Mum having a whispered conversation about "Electrical banana" and asking them what one of those was. They wouldn't tell me

Comment

Originally posted by aron123 View Post
            The very first song i remember hearing was - My boy lollipop by Millie Small. (1964) I must have been about 3 or 4.

I fell in love with little Millie and this song and i would imagine she was singing about me.
            Its a great song really joyous and happy with a great reggae beat.
            It wasn't until a couple of years ago that i actually got to see what Millie looked like when i looked her up on you tube.
            Shes as cute as a button, even as a kid i had good taste in women, lol -
            YouTube - Millie Small - My Boy Lollipop (1964) HQ
            Apparently it was the very first international ska hit, good taste in music too!

I think the first place i heard it was at a cafe down the road from our flat.
            I used to escape quite regularly by climbing on a chair undoing the latch and the toddling off down the road, most of the time i would end up at the cafe listening to the juke box, it was great fun.
            My poor mum would be frantically searching the neighborhood for me.

This is well spooky! I only said this to my best friend yesterday after hearing Take my Breatb Away that the first song i'd ever recalled was Wake Me Up Before You Go Go by Wham! I can't recall what year it was but I was'nt old at all!

Comment

The New Seekers:- "Rocking rolling riding, out across the bay, all set for morning land many miles away............" 1967 at a guess?

Comment

Originally posted by FLYING SAUCER View Post
                The New Seekers:- "Rocking rolling riding, out across the bay, all set for morning land many miles away............" 1967 at a guess?
                It was indeed 1967 my friend, but sung by the original Seekers.
                The best Government is that which governs least - Thoreau.

Comment

Working...
                X