Royal Scot biscuits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Scot biscuits

Royal Scot biscuits have just sprung to mind. May have been made by McVities but I'm not sure. They were absolutely delicious. I think the packet was white with blue writing. Given the chance I'm sure I could have eaten a packet full in one sitting!
    Last edited by The Low Country; 22-10-2009, 21:57. Reason: mis-spelling

Re: Royal Scot biscuits

These, along with Lincolns, are the favourite biscuits from my childhood.

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
      These, along with Lincolns, are the favourite biscuits from my childhood.
      Ooohhhh Yes! I loved Lincoln biscuits too! There was also another biscuit I really liked but I don't have a clue what it was called. All I remember is it was golden brown in colour and had really thin edges, as if when it was made the mixture was dropped in the tin and the mixture ran and spread whilst baking (odd really s they were all the same size in the packet. It was a plain biscuit with a shiney look to it as if it had a lot of sugar in it that had glazed it as it cooked. The top wasn't particularly smooth but the bottom (where it had sat on the cooking tray was like glass (again from the amount of sugar & fat no doubt) I think they were vanilla flavoured with maybe a hint of coconut but I'm not sure on that bit. They were quite brittle and I think they came in a packet with lots of corrigated cardboard around them. Any Ideas????

Comment

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, Royal Scot biscuits!! Yeah they were in a white packet with a cardboard insert bit weren't they? They were LUSH!!!!!
        "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
        sigpic

Comment

Can't help you with the other biscuits you describe, The Low Country, though they do sound very familiar.

The other thing about Royal Scots was the name. I seem to recall the word 'Royal' meant our family considered them to be a bit special. Much more refined than Sainsbury's shortcakes for example! LOL

...oh and they were great as dip-ins!

We clearly need a biscuit thread. *Goes to search for one*

EDIT: There are several. Maybe we should stick to praising the delicious Scot!
          Last edited by Marine Boy; 23-10-2009, 16:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Teejay View Post
            Mmmmmmmmmmmm, Royal Scot biscuits!! Yeah they were in a white packet with a cardboard insert bit weren't they? They were LUSH!!!!!
            Yep! They're the ones. I can see them in my minds eye now. They seemed to be slightly more brown/highly baked than other biscuits and they had a fancy scalloped edge and a pin prick dotted centre. Think I might have got the spelling wrong (prob had 2 'T's on Scot)

I wish some company would bring them back!!!!! ANY ONE LISTENING OUT THERE?????

Comment

Can't help you with the other biscuits you describe, The Low Country, though they do sound very familiar.

The other thing about Royal Scots was the name. I seem to recall the word 'Royal' meant our family considered them to be a bit special. Much more refined than Sainsbury's shortcakes for example! LOL

...oh and they were great as dip-ins!

We clearly need a biscuit thread. *Goes to search for one*

EDIT: There are several. Maybe we should stick to praising the delicious Scot!
              Hi, only joined the other day so I'm not too 'up to speed' at the min. Will go searching for 'bikki' threads in a tick. When I find one you can be sure I'll gush about RS biscuits.
              In answer to your comment, yes 'I' think they were 'very' special but putting that aside I think it's more likely they were more expensive than the norm, they were a treat in our house, didn't have them every week but hey! they were worth the wait!

Comment

I've been searching for a picture but can't find one.

I did find this lovely little forum though, with a thread on the subject:

Your Biscuit Views: Search

Comment

I've been searching for a picture but can't find one.

I did find this lovely little forum though, with a thread on the subject:

Your Biscuit Views: Search
                  Just checked out the link you gave. Seems we're not the only ones pining for Royal Scot. Do you think we should start a petition????!!!!!

Comment

Heather had already posted these on the Old Skool Packaging thread

Royal Scot

Lincoln

Comment

Makes my mouth water looking at the pics of Royal Scot and Lincoln. Come on McV's BRING THEM BACK!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X