comics characters and stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• comics characters and stories

Does anyone know what happened in the end I used to read in some kids comic a story about a girl and a boy whose mad uncle, i think, had unleased some (small toy? large robot? dont know) dinosaurs which were rampaging through a town.

it was a bit scary for a young girl, think it was in my neighbours boys mag, name long gone from memory.

ring a bell with anyone?

Re: comics characters and stories

I also used to read Misty girls comic, it didnt last long, but it was so not your usual horseriding girls comic, it had really creepy stories in it, and some of them scared me.

I remeber my mother picked up a copy one day and was a bit worried about me reading it, lol!

stories i remember -

someone stared at the tv after the white dot went out at the end of scheduled programming and something nasty happened

someone was given a button press and someone would die

someone woke up inside a small cardbox her whole bedroom had been transported there

cant rememer the endings, just vague memries of it being unsettling at the time.

Comment

I have every issue of Misty.

Comment

Originally posted by magneticfly View Post
        Does anyone know what happened in the end I used to read in some kids comic a story about a girl and a boy whose mad uncle, i think, had unleased some (small toy? large robot? dont know) dinosaurs which were rampaging through a town.

it was a bit scary for a young girl, think it was in my neighbours boys mag, name long gone from memory.

ring a bell with anyone?
        This strip was March of The Mighty Ones which was in Monster Fun comic.(circa 83/84)

Synopsis:
        John and Jenny Byrd who were the son and daughter of engineering expert Richard Byrd. Richard created monsters for Anvil Film Productions and the story begins with his dinosaur creations destroying a village. Richard then told his children that he's off to Tibet for a month to film the Abominable Snowman but the next night there was an electrical storm and lightning struck the computer that controls all the dinosaurs.
        The dinosaurs came to life and escaped from their warehouse. Subsequent adventures showed the children tracking down the rogue mechanical monsters across Great Britain. I seem to recall giant flightless birds were living in a cave as one story. Meanwhile, the kids' father was lost in the Himalayas for 18 months so he missed all the excitement back home.

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
          I have every issue of Misty.
          Wow you are so lucky, how did you manage it? Did you keep them from years ago or buy them? I bought the 1981 and '84 annuals on ebay recently.

Comment

Comment

Whilst in WH Smiths today, looking for 3D Spex, I noticed there is a reprinted "Classic Comic" of Misty currently on sale

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
                Whilst in WH Smiths today, looking for 3D Spex, I noticed there is a reprinted "Classic Comic" of Misty currently on sale
                And the 'Buster' one has just come out

Comment

Working...
                X