Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: toys i liked as a kid

Default toys i liked as a kid

when i was young we didnt have a lot so what we did get meant a lot,one of my favourite gifts at x mas was a big yellow tonka truck,anyone else get one???
    also had action man stuff galore,action man was a proper soldier in those days,had loads of guns, uniforms and had a tank also,this was the old action man before gripping hands and their hair was painted on not that fuzzy stuff the later ones had.another i liked was a game called crossfire,hours of meaningless fun firing silver ballbearings back and for at your opponent trying to force a larger ballbearing into their goal.x mas was a great time in those days and wouldnt be complet without a cowboys guns and holster,i was the fastest draw in our street....

I'd have to disagree, about "Action Man", he was a rubbish soldier, It had to be "Tommy Gun", good clean cut british soldier, none of those fake scars on his face, ok he didnt last as long, but at least you could save up the stars from the packaging and send away for free stuff, unlike the American toy where you couldnt

I always liked board games. "Risk" was my favorite i guess ( its the game i have played most ), but i also had ( and still have ) many more

I nearly killed my brothers Action Man by throwing him out of my sister's bedroom window and his Red Devil parachute failed to open. He lost a leg when he hit the garden path but luckily my Dad repaired him by re-attaching his missing limb using a golf tee. There was a programme on not long ago with James May from Top Gear where he slung an Action Man out of a helicopter with the same parachute. I obviously wasn't high enough!

I remember Crossfire as well, Bruv and I played it all day one Christmas and both had sore and swollen trigger fingers

Repairs with golf tees? No high-tec stuff in my house. Missing Action Man (and Little Big Man...who had those?) limbs were bandaged up. Real bandages, mind. The blood was fake though...dabbed with the insides of a red felt tip. I have a picture of me, about eight, sat in my line-up of Action Man and the like, and there they are...the bandaged up fellahs.

I dropped my brothers action man down the waste disposal chute when he ripped my Sindys head off.

I loved Baffleball and Steer 'n' Go.

My brother had a whole squadron of Airfix aeroplanes strung from his bedroom ceiling. Well after he had trashed my bdroom for the umpteenth time I had enough so I locked him out of hte house and started flying his airfix plans out of his bedroom window. When I clock3d he was managing to catch them with minor damage I started snding two at a time in different directions! I was a 'proper little madam' back then.
    Mrs Oggy
    ~~~*~~~*~~~
    Count your friends amongst the stars....
    And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Default Re: toys i liked as a kid

Yes, I had a couple of Little Big Men - I called them Doc and Mac (I'd seen the film "Doc Savage" ). They both ended up with broken arms, tried to fix them with sticking plaster, but it never worked very well.
    I liked getting airfix models - especially helicopters. And jigsaw puzzles. My mum liked it when I asked for those, she knew I'd be occupied for the rest of the holidays.
    The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir.

Default Re: toys i liked as a kid

Quote Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
    Repairs with golf tees? No high-tec stuff in my house. Missing Action Man (and Little Big Man...who had those?) limbs were bandaged up. Real bandages, mind. The blood was fake though...dabbed with the insides of a red felt tip. I have a picture of me, about eight, sat in my line-up of Action Man and the like, and there they are...the bandaged up fellahs.

Little Big Man, Mountain Assault Set

Splitters!

Visit us here:
    http://www.doyouremember.co.uk/