FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Re: toys i liked as a kid

Originally posted by darren View Post
      never saw them before are they spoons.

[QUOTE

=big kid;213941]
      [/QUOTE]

its a mirror that distorts when you press the bow tie down. not sure when it was made, probably early 80s.

Comment

Zoids and the comic were awesome. Really original for the time, and even resurrected since from time to time of course.

Originally posted by darren View Post
        REMEMBER HAVING LOTS OF ZOIDS.

Comment

Hot wheels, and Hot wheels Crack ups.

Comment

Originally posted by Nik_Barbour View Post
            Hot wheels, and Hot wheels Crack ups.

got a couple of them in my collection. my cousin used to have loads of them when he was a kid.
            Attached Files

Comment

I had a Hot Wheels set consisting of two straight parallel tracks plus a banked part for racing two cars. It took ages to set up and I usually played with it in the garden as the lawn was on a slope.

Comment

I had many of the Airfix H0-00 scale sets of soldiers together with several playsets: French Foreign Legion fort with Foreign Legion and Arab bedouin soldiers, Pontoon Bridge Assault set with German infantry and British commandos plus some vehicles, Gun emplacement set with a gun set in a trenched firebase with German infantry and British paratroops. There was also a Robin Hood set which I didn't have.

Comment

I had a polystyrene castle with a drawbridge which came with about a dozen knights, which were about 1:32 scale I would say.

Also, a plastic US cavalry fort with around 15-20 soldiers, probably a little below 1:32 scale, though there were no Indians for them to fight with so far as I remember.

Comment

I bought myself a basic Superfast track when I was about 8...
                    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

I had 4 Crack-ups when I was young, the ones with the dents at the front & rear had flimsy plastic parts that broke easily, but the side ones were more robust.
                      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

The problem with my Hot Wheels set was that it was rare for a car to actually make it to the finishing line. Both would usually spin off and after having taken quite a while to set up I would quickly tire of it not working properly and pack it away.

Comment

I have been desperate to scalextric for years now, can't see the girlfriend agreeing to that...she thinks I am sad enough as it is. :/

Comment

Originally posted by EddyP View Post
                            I have been desperate to scalextric for years now, can't see the girlfriend agreeing to that...she thinks I am sad enough as it is. :/
                            I've got an 8yr old lad, so I get to play with all the old favourites again blame free.
                            I got him a micro scalextric recently, with loops and a few other stunts etc, I couldn't wait to play with it with him, but I'd really overrated it from my memory. You spend 80% of your time fiddling with the contacts under the cars, or clipping random bits of track back together. The other 20% has no skill other than not pulling the throttle all the way.
                            It's surprising how quickly you get sick of having to retrieve the cars from 10ft+ away from the track, or under the couch if you're really unlucky.

Comment

My star wars figures and vehicle's best thing ever
                              THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Originally posted by Nik_Barbour View Post
                                I've got an 8yr old lad, so I get to play with all the old favourites again blame free.
                                I got him a micro scalextric recently, with loops and a few other stunts etc, I couldn't wait to play with it with him, but I'd really overrated it from my memory. You spend 80% of your time fiddling with the contacts under the cars, or clipping random bits of track back together. The other 20% has no skill other than not pulling the throttle all the way.
                                It's surprising how quickly you get sick of having to retrieve the cars from 10ft+ away from the track, or under the couch if you're really unlucky.
                                My lady fair became a grandmother the year before last - I am already planning alterations to the living room to accommodate Scalextric, Hornby, Action Man...
                                Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Working...
                                X