toys i liked as a kid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: toys i liked as a kid

No, not quite - the wheel itself was made up of two disks separated by a metal pole about 3" long and the top ran around the edges of those.

That pole went through both disks to provide handles.

Imagine the one above - the silver stud in the middle connects two of those disks (but metal).
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Like this?

Comment

Thanks, mate. I had many hours of fun with them.

Comment

Brilliant, except there was no "handle" - you would put your fingers where the "top" would run and this would flip it so that it ran inside the tracks on the metal disks and so go the other way!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
            My Mum gave almost all me & my brother's Star Wars collection to a school fair, but it was when no-one was interested in Star Wars & we had just about outgrown them.
            The same thing happened to me but I discovered that Star Wars toys are so much better these days https://www.menkind.co.uk/movie-tv/star-wars

Comment

I had the Airfix soldiers. Shows how much I knew back then but I used to play with my American Civil War soldiers with my Matchbox Models of Yesteryear cars! I believe in reenactment circles that would be called farb.

Comment

Has to be for me 'Steer 'n' Go' = this was a pre Sega Rally game where a car on a disc shaped roadway had a magnet under the disc that moved the car which was controlled by a car fascia with a steering wheel powered by batteries in the 'car radio' pane'l
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Twocky61; 16-06-2017, 16:44. Reason: Rearanging of Text
                sigpic
                Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I used to have a car thing called Trik Trak:

My parents clearly didn't think this through - you have to nail track corners (only, as in the pic) to the floor then send a battery-powered car through the course you created! No way they would go for that!
                  Attached Files

Comment

+++deleted+++
                    Last edited by Twocky61; 25-06-2017, 17:34. Reason: Deleting Post
                    sigpic
                    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Out of it's box
                      Attached Files
                      sigpic

Comment

Steer n Go is awesome! I remember wanting one as a kid.

I did have this instead though:

Came with aluminium stickers which you pushed a pin through then stuck to the bottom of your matchbox cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
                          Steer n Go is awesome! I remember wanting one as a kid.

I did have this instead though:

Came with aluminium stickers which you pushed a pin through then stuck to the bottom of your matchbox cars.

That's cool Mulletino
                          sigpic

Comment

Here's a video of it in action, yup, it was that noisy!

Comment

Working...
                            X