This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Argos Catalogue - 1979 - Toy pages 1 to 12

My sister had one of those clip clappity caterpiller things i took great pride in standing on it ..She took it everywhere and always tripped peeps up with it URGH! xx
    Last edited by floss; 22-05-2009, 14:05. Reason: spelling is shocking

Comment

Originally posted by floss View Post
      My sister had one of those clip clappity caterpiller things i took great pride in standing on it ..She took it everywhere and always tripped peeps up with it URGH! xx
      My sister had one, the proper brand name was the Clatterpillar. It might be in our attic if it didn't get handed down to one of my younger cousins.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Re: Old catalogue pages.

I once posted some where on the forum about a torch I owned as a child, that changed colour, as far as I can remember it had red and green perspex sheets that slid over or under the clear lens.
        I thought it would be impossible to find as someone said there were may different makes, but here it is amongst these treasures from 1982
        Heather

Comment

I had exactly the same one Hug, and they are toys
          The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Thanks for posting these. is that the Argus catalog?.
            i remember i had the pontoon bridge.
            My scrapbook blog

My website

Comment

I thought my kids were spoilt until I realised that between me and my brother we had all of those toys.

I've just spent the last few minutes gasping at long lost friends.

Thanks

Comment

I had baby bolts and i want it again, FANTASTIC, thank you.

Col

Comment

One of the children in the school where I work brought in that Dachshund Slinky just the other day. It wasn't an old one so I imagine they're still made.

Comment

My sister had that Fisher Price jack in the box, and the accursed thing would have done well being in The Exorcist.

When it popped up, the hatted clown fiend with his sinister cherub face would emit this wail like a tortured kitten,the dead eyes would stay half open like a junkie going cold turkey, and it would flop to one side, still wailing, wailing...

My sister loved it, and my memories of the early '80s have been tainted by that horror.
                    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
                    Marcel Proust

Comment

I just loved seeing them, between me and my husband and our siblings we had nearly everything. Now would love to have them all again for my little one!

Comment

Originally posted by Secret lemonade drinker View Post
                        My sister had that Fisher Price jack in the box, and the accursed thing would have done well being in The Exorcist.

When it popped up, the hatted clown fiend with his sinister cherub face would emit this wail like a tortured kitten,the dead eyes would stay half open like a junkie going cold turkey, and it would flop to one side, still wailing, wailing...

My sister loved it, and my memories of the early '80s have been tainted by that horror.
                        One of my cousins had one of those, & both me & my Mum used to think it was really freaky.
                        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

More classic items from the 1991-92 Stocking Fillas book.

Comment

Argos catalogue 1984

Hi! Its my first post so im not sure whether i have done this correctly! Im uploading toys from the argos catalogue 1984. Hope you enjoy!
                            Attached Files
                            I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.

Comment

Re: Argos catalogue 1984

Wow!! keep them coming and welcome on board

I was 10 in 84
                              Heather

Comment

Argos catalogue 1984 again!

Im uploading pages of an argos catalogue 1984. Hope you enjoy. xxx
                                Attached Files
                                I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X